Naked Chapter 3

Well here it comes. Hopefully they will be too busy getting dressed down and will wait until after class to get even.  Tabitha hurried into the locker room as the bell rang. She took a furtive look around, and didn't see the cheerleaders, so she got her gym uniform out of her locker, and dressed quickly in the grey t-shirt and blue shorts. Well, the bruise on my arm shows, but it kind of looks like it could have happened by falling into a door frame... I'm glad we are inside this term, but I wish we could wear something warmer.  The whole school was always cold from October clear through March, the rest of the time, it was sweltering.  Tabitha was the first person to reach the gym for class.  Whew, one miss, only one more easy chance for them to get me!  she thought as the rest of the girls filed inThe cheerleaders came in last, talking and laughing like always.

During the basketball game, Angie and Julie managed to foul Tabitha five times.  The first three times they made it look like Tabitha was just being clumsy,  but the last two, Julie distracted the coach while Angie yanked her hair and elbowed her in the gut.  "I guess the queers aren't here to rescue you now, Homeless," Angie taunted quietly.  The third time she hit the floor, Tabitha  felt her shorts tear a little as she hit the ground.

She told the coach about her shorts, but Coach didn't see the tear, so she told Tabitha to finish the game before going to change.  The tear got worse on the fourth fall, and on the final foul, Coach turned just as Tabitha started to go to her knees in pain, and saw Angie grab her by the shirt as if to save her, but the shirt ripped from the collar to the middle of Tabitha's back, showing her bra strap.  Fortunately the tear was in the back not the front, but after a shocked silence, the gym filled with the sound of girls giggling.

Tabitha ran to the locker room scarlet in her humiliation.  She took off the torn clothing but didn't throw it away knowing she would have to mend it.  Mother certainly wouldn't pay for a new set, at least not without a lot of fuss.  Tabitha was going to be in trouble because of her "carelessness" as it was.  She hid in a shower cubicle under the hot water waiting for the locker room to empty.  Surely they will be satisfied now.  What else can they do to me?

When Tabitha left the shower to get her dirty clothes on, she cried out because someone had gotten into her locker.  All her clothes were cut up.  Destroyed.  Unsalvageable.

A brunette about 5 foot 6 ran into the room.  "Are you Ok?  What happened? Oh crap!  I just sent Michael off with my bag - including my dirty uniform.  Here, put on my coat while I get help.  Oh, I'm Rachel, Michael told me there might be trouble, I'm sorry I got here too late to stop them.  It's a pity that the loaner clothes are only for while you are washing your own."

Five minutes later, Rachel returned with a pair of too large jeans, a belt, and a sweater.  "I ran into Alex and Simon just outside.  They both have long coats, so Simon changed into his gym shorts, because he is the skinniest, and Alex put on his gym shirt, because his sweater is the warmest.  I think they were waiting for you."

"How did they know I was here now to wait for me, and who's Simon?"  Tabitha asked.  "Never mind.  I'm glad they were here."

"Hurry up and get dressed. I think they want to make sure you are ok.  Simon is Paul's boyfriend, did you not meet him?  Girl, what happened to you?"  Rachel asked, seeing Tabitha's ribs and all the bruises.  

"Oh, I'm just really clumsy."

"Those don't look like you tripped.  It looks like someone kicked the hell out of you!"  Rachel insisted.

"My mom accidentally kicked me when she was helping me up after I fell down the stairs last night.  She didn't mean to."  Tabitha explained.

Rachel looked disbelieving.  "Could we please not talk about it?"  Tabitha begged.