Chapter Twenty-Four: Nile Dok

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" He asked in a hushed voice so no one could hear him. [Name] bit her lip and gave him a small nod. "Yeah, I'll be fine for now. I hope." She whispered and offered him a weak smile. The corner of Levi's mouth twitched so that he gave an awkwardly sad smile back, which made [Name] bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm going to kill them. I swear it," Jean growls, his knuckles now turning white. [Name] sighed and looked at Jean with red, puffy eyes. "It's not their fault," she said quietly. 

"What are you talking about?! Of course it is!" Jean shouted, now looking up at her. His eyes were red and glossy, but his face held so much anger. 

"They couldn't help what happened Jean! Just think about it! Marco wouldn't want you to think like this!" [Name] shouted back, her hands now forming into fists. No one else said anything, they all just silently watched, not wanting to get involved. 

"Don't you talk about Marco like you've known him that long," Jean snarled, causing Levi to narrow his stormy blue eyes at him, but Jean didn't seem to notice or care. [Name] sighed and leaned back onto the metal wall. 

"I may have not known him as long as you have, but I knew him enough to call him my friend. Marco wouldn't want you blaming people about his death, or put his blood on someone else's hands. If anything, blame those things that have killed so many. They were the ones to drive these people into the mall, and they were to ones to end Marco's life," [Name] said calmly, "so if you're going to blame someone, blame them."

The tank came to a slow stop, and then there was muffled and unclear talking before it started moving again. Jean looked down sadly and let out a shaky sigh. "You're right," Jean started quietly, "but it doesn't mean I'm going to forgive and trust those bastards." 

[Name] nodded, understanding Jean's view of things. The small space went silent once again, except this time there wasn't even the sound of [Name]'s muffled silence. Was it comfortable or unsettling silence? [Name] didn't have time to tell, because not long after things became silent the hatch squeaked open and the blonde female's face stared down at them blankly.

"Get out," she demanded emotionless then disappeared from their sight. Slowly, one by one of them climbed out of the tank and into a large building that had more survivors in it. Not exactly knowing what was going on, the group stayed close to one another with confused faces. 

"Welcome to the MP," the tall brunette from earlier said walking up to them. 

"MP?" Armin asked with raised eyebrows.

"Military Police," the man explained. Armin gave an unsure nod. "I'm Bertholdt, but you guys can just call me Bert. The girl was Annie, and I think you already know who Reiner is," Bert continued. 

"Why did you bring us here?" Levi asked crossing his arms over his chest and narrowing his eyes at Bert. Levi and [Name]'s eyes travel around the room with suspicion when Levi's land on the girl, Annie, talking to a tall man with short black hair and dark eyes. The man also had a small amount of facial hair. Levi continued to stare at him, trying to think of where he's seen him before, when Annie gave him a nod and started walking their way. 

"Hand over everything in your pockets including weapons," Annie demanded coldly. Levi scoffed and rolled his eyes. "When this world turns normal is when I'll hand over my weapon," he snapped with a straight face. Annie's blue eyes narrowed at him. 

"Either you all hand them over, or we'll have to forcibly take them. Your choice," she said as more men from the MP started the circle around them. 

"U-Uh, Levi, I think we should just hand them over. These men look kind of.." [Name] whispered to him, trailing off as her eyes darted between the heavily built men. Levi scoffed and glanced at the men. "Fuck no," he said out loud. 

"Men," Annie signaled. The one word made the men grab each person's arms and hold them tightly as two others searched their bodies for weapons and any other items that was on them. 

"Ugh, let go of me you dumb pricks!" Eren shouted as he struggled against the two men restraining his arms behind him. "Shut up, dog." One of the men spat. 

"Get your nasty ass hands off of me you fat fucking pigs!" Levi snapped.

"Let go of me! I'll fucking kill you!" Jean yelled.

"What the hell? Let go of me!" Connie grunted as he struggled.

"Gah! Don't take my chips!" Sasha whined.

"Fucking hell, let go of me you blockheads!" [Name] shouted.

"Idiots, what the hell is wrong with you?" Mikasa growled, glaring at the two men holding her.

"This is bad," Armin mumbled, but it wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear. 

"You know.. we could have just done this the easy way if you were to corporate." Everyone looked up to see who the voice belong to. It was the man Levi seemed to recognize earlier, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He knew him from somewhere, but he couldn't place where. 

"Who are you?" Eren asked harshly. 

"My name is Nile Dok, and from now on I'll be the one you'll listen to." The man, Nile, grinned as the men threw the newcomers into a room then locked the door. 

"Who are these people?" Sasha asked rubbing her wrist. 

"I'm not completely sure, but we aren't staying here." Levi answered, his gray eyes glaring at the locked door.

------------------------------

Feedback?