Tears Come First ~ chapter 23

Start from the beginning

“I could have them call Tyler and tell him but not let Kyle know.” I offered.

“Kyle would know something is up.” She reminded me.

About 5 minutes later Chief Lawson came over the speaker “I have called Kyle for you all and he said he would be here very soon.”

“Thank you” Caitlyn shouted out as another contraction began.

I looked at Caitlyn who looked like she was about to pass out. “Emma I can’t do this! It hurts so badly!” She screamed

I pretty sure the whole store hears her yelling. “I know it hurts but try not to think of the pain just think of the little boy you will soon have.” I tried to encourage her.

“Don’t have sex, ignore what I said. Cause this right here hurts like hell.” She tried to laugh but failed when she had another contraction.

This baby is soon to be arriving where the hell is someone? “Ma’am they said it would be approximately 5 more minutes how are you two doing.”

“How am I doing? How do you think I’m doing I’m in pain damn it.” Caitlyn shouted.

I couldn’t help but laugh at her only Caitlyn would so something like that. “Your husband has just arrived Ma’am.”

“Cut the ma’am thing my name is Caitlyn damn it.” She once again shouted.

Only going into labor would take the sweet Caitlyn and turn her into a cussing machine. “Emma he’s coming I can’t wait any longer.” She yelled.

“Oh yes you can!” I quickly said.

Blood and myself don’t go well together, there is no way I can deliver a baby. “Quick Emma look and see if you see the head.”

I looked around to see if she honestly did not mean me. “Are you nuts? First you can’t have the baby here and second if I see blood I’m gone.”

I saw Caitlyn leggings lying over in the corner and quickly I grabbed them incase for some reason I would need them. Only Caitlyn would wear a dress in winter and add leggings to keep her warm.

Taking my good time Caitlyn was getting inpatient “Good God here.” She cried as she flew up her dress.

Hesitating for a second I looked and sighed in relief, no head was seen. “Your good no head yet.”

“Maybe I should start pushing.” She questioned.

“No that is a bad idea.” 

The emergency lights in the elevator went off and soon the actual lights came on signally the elevator was almost done. “Caitlyn maybe you should put your underwear on I doubt Kyle would want other males looking at you down there.”

“Who gives a flying rats ass what he thinks, I’m the one in pain and going through hell who cares.” She screeched at me.

Throwing my hands up in defense I apologized. “Okay sorry I didn’t mean anything by it.”

I heard the elevator make a noise and soon began to move. “Caitlyn I need to push!”

“No, we are almost there, just wait. I wouldn’t know what to do even if you did push.” I honestly told her.

“Remind me to never let you go in the medical field.” She half joked with me as I felt my hand get the life squeezed out of it.

I heard the ding of the elevator giving me a sense of relief. I made my way to the door to jet out and let the paramedics take over but she gripped my hand tighter.