carnival

she was scrolling through instagram until she felt a dip in her seat. she looked up and saw a dark haired asian boy.

"hi uhh. my friends kind of left me and i saw that you were alone so i decided to sit with you." he paused and realized that she hadn't said anything.

"un-unless you were waiting for someone or you wanted to sit by yourself which is fine by me-" she chuckled at the boy.

"no no it's fine, you can sit with me" she giggled again. he smiled at her "thank you" he said softly before buckling his seatbelt and preparing for the ride.

"so why did your friends leave you?" she asks, trying to make conversation before the ride started. "uhm well, i was with my friends julian and chloe but i was third wheeling them and i'm pretty sure they forgot i was there, so they just ran off and did their own thing." he said

"oh that sucks" she mumbled in reply.
"well w-what about you? why are you alone?" he questioned. she took a deep breath and seemed confused for a second.

"well never mind, you don't have to tell me, besides we only just met. i mean i don't even know your name." he said awkwardly as he scratched the nape of his neck.

"i'm kaycee" she stuck out her hand which he shook. "sean" he said with a soft smile.

the two then began to talk about random things as they kept the conversation flowing smoothly. nothing about it seemed forced, everything just felt.. right.

they were interrupted by an announcement that the ride will be starting.

"sean?" she asked. he hummed in reply.
"do you mind if i hold your hand during this ride, it's a little scary and i get kind of anxious-" she was cut off by his quick reply.

" no i don't mind at all. i also get kind of tense on these rides." he said with a reassuring smile.

"okay" she said cheekily.

a few seconds later, the ride started. the two held on tight in each other's hands, their fingers intertwined. every once in a while they'd both let out a loud scream. not one of fear, but of one of cheer.
(AN. omg that rhymed #poet)

the ride then ended leaving the two with their hands still intertwined and their hearts beating fast. they both got out, still not noticing that their hands were still intertwined.

"wow that ride was intense" he said laughing. she laughed along with him and nodded her head in agreement.

"say kaycee how long will you be here?" sean asked curiously.

"i honestly can just leave whenever i feel tired." she said with a giggle.

"oh um, would you like to spend the rest of the day with me? you don't have to of course. i- i was just wondering because you seem pretty cool and i'd like to get to know you. only if you want to of course" he said with a nervous chuckle.

she chuckled at his nervousness. "sure why not" she said calmly.

"really?" he asked surprised.

"yeah why not" she said once again.

"well let's go then!" he said happily.

the two then ran off back into the carnival, their hands still intertwined. they played many games, rode many rides, and had lots of fun.

"kayc?" he asked as they were leaving the carnival.

"yeah?" she replied

"could i maybe get your number? i had a lot of fun and i would like to become friends." he said softly.

"yeah sure" they entered their numbers in each other's phones. sean finished first and just stared and admired her beauty. a small and sweet voice knocked him out of his thoughts.

"here you go" she said handing him his phone.

"i had a lot of fun today. thank you for hanging out with me sean." she said truthfully.

"no problem. i also had a lot of fun kaycee." he said softly.

"well i'll call you soon" she said waving her phone in the air as she slowly backed away.

"y-yeah. goodbye kaycee. see you again?" he questioned with hope.

"yeah for sure. goodbye sean." she said turning away to walk to her car.

"goodbye" he said as the parted their separate ways. their smile not leaving their faces.

hey everybody. i don't really know what to say lol. i hope you enjoyed? idk. but i didn't proofread so i'm sorry. also sorry for not updating in about a week lol. but i hope you like it :)

- vari