“Audrey, please,” I pleaded, “Those missiles are real. They will kill people. I don’t care how much money you’re getting from this, just stop them. Is it worth a bunch of innocent lives?”

Audrey opened her mouth to respond, but Joshua beat her to it.

“It’s not just some petty cash. This will roll in more cash than we’ve ever gotten. Plus, we didn’t even have to pay for these thermonuclear whatever things. And, since we’re nice guys, we set this plan in motion on a Monday morning. No one goes to work earlier than 7AM on a Monday. We did that because we sorta care about those innocent people. So there.” He smirked at me and Audrey focused her attention back on the screen.

Something struck me odd about what Joshua said. According to him, this gig will pay them well. And they didn’t even have to buy all the missiles. SPYDER probably didn’t even think of the idea to use thermonuclear missiles. Someone much more powerful and smart must be hiring them. If so, why couldn’t they just do it themselves? Working with SPYDER would guarantee some loose ends. Something very weird is going on.

But I couldn’t focus on that. I had to focus on the dangerous weapons speeding toward Earth.

“Please! Audrey, come’on! Countless lives are going to be lost. Think of the children and grandparents!” I tried one last ditch effort.

“Sorry,” she spoke to me for the first time, “I can’t do anything about it. The coordinates are already locked in. Plus, they were your coordinates I tricked you into giving me, so if you think about it, this is mostly your fault. And,” she gave a loving glance at Joshua. Yuck. “Even if I could stop it, why would I? I could be rich before I turn eighteen.” Joshua gave her a proud look. Double yuck. An evil couple.

I knew there was nothing I could do. My coordinates were accurate. They were going to kill people. Giving up, I focused back on the screen. It became a five way screen; each one displaying one missile. Two of them were above the ocean. Three of them were already above land, but hanging close to the coastline. None of them started to dive yet.

I tried to locate, based on the geology, where each of them were heading. The two above water I had no clue about but one of the ones above land were heading across a lushious, green landscape.

Suddenly, I saw a sliver of a old building in the corner of the green landscape screen. The missile veered, and I saw it clearly: the great wall of China.

I couldn’t bite back my gasp of surprise. Oh no. It was heading towards the beginning of the great wall.

Joshua, however, was cheering when the great wall of China came into view. He grinned then looked back at me,

“Nice calculations,” he sneered at me. I just glared back at him.

SPYDER was targeting China, obviously, to hit their most popular landmark. Now I was curious where the others were headed.

Another one that was above land was in a more bare landscape. In that one, the ground suddenly became white, so somewhere in the snow. I was thinking about where places to target were in areas with snow, but almost every country experiences snow at some point, so that didn’t narrow it down much. At first, I was thinking of Antarctica (snowy, duh) because they do some global-warming studies there as well as some snow experiments. But I don’t think SPYDER or anyone else cared about shutting down some snow studies. There are some military bases in snowy areas like in the middle east, Siberia, Russia and even some in Iceland as well as many other countries. So I have no clue where that is headed.

Another one was passing a populated area. You could see buildings in the distance and big ones too. All of a sudden, I saw a very familiar landmark. Big Ben. England. SPYDER was targeting Great Britain.