Chapter 22

This was the man that had made the last few months of my life hell and I'll be damned if I said I didn't want him dead because I did. 

He had threatened my brothers, my whole family and tried to turn me against Klaus thinking I wouldn't care even when I did figure out his plans.

Pure rage filled m as I stared into his emotionless black eyes that seemed as if they direct links straight to hell, which is exactly where I am going to put him.

The wind seemed to pick up even more in the intense stare off between Vincent and I before he lunged at me.

Dodging his lunge I spun to the right before blasting a ball of fire at him.

It barely missed, singeing the side of his arm making him hiss out in pain before he growled at me lunging at me again.

"You stupid b*tch. This is all your fault, just die already!" He growled trying to block all of my attacks.

A strained laugh made it's way out of my lips as I blocked his hits.

"I don't think so. You wanted to take me on, i'm not making it an easy fight. Suck it up princess." I snarled as he managed to punch me in the stomach making me fly back into a tree.

Shooting up quickly with a fierce growl that made even some of the biggest werewolves approaching me shrink back I shot all I could at him advancing figure some catching him some not.

"How does it feel to be fighting me Layla. Does it feel good? You don't even remember me do you?" He asked curly punching the tree behind me making me kick out at his stomach sending him to the floor.

"No I don't remember you, you obviously aren't that important are you?" 

I walked towards him differing between shooting blocks of Ice and balls of fire but he would always twist and turn at the last minute making it hard to keep a straight target.

I was tackled from the side, yet again crashing into a tree before the body that had tackled me screamed in pain crumpling to the floor in a mess of marred skin and bubbling welts.

"Clever. Not clever enough." I muttered turning towards a running Vincent who was heading straight for me.

Jumping up so that I was hanging from a tree branch I hissed down at him really not liking how long this was taking.

I mean sure I had nothing else to do but come on, this was just taking a very, very long time to finish up.

Bulldozing the tree Vincent laughed up at me as I eventually fell to the ground right in front of him giving him the chance to punch me in the eye making me stumble back.

A ferocious growl rippled through my throat as I stared back at him through a watering eye.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you never to hit girls?" I shouted in frustration annoyed at the fact that now my eye was throbbing.

Vincent full out bellow laughed making me stop in surprise and even more annoyance.

"Yes, of course, but b*tches like you didn't count."

That was the last straw. We both ran at each other tackling each other to the ground throwing punches and kicks and melting skin in my case before I was kicked up by the stomach landing against yet another tree.

This is why fighting in a forest is just not ideal, too many trees.

I stared down at Vincent waiting for his next move but something to the right of me caught my attention.

My attention was momentarily captured by Klaus who was surrounded by two vampires but he couldn't see the one approaching him from behind.

My eyes widened at the thought that this could be the last time I ever saw Klaus and I quickly turned towards him shielding him in a purple ball which stung the vampires around them acting almost as vervain towards them.