CHAPTER 04

Chapter 4 : Whatever It Takes

====================================================
********************************************************************
====================================================

Chapter 4

It was one hell of a night. After what happened that day, Saint had decided to skipped classes lunch and dinner all together. He was so ashamed of what happened and that he thought making his face scarce from all the student body for the whole day could make them forget about it.

But Saint knew that could not happen. He knew that the minute he walked in the hall for breakfast the next day. The stares he receives had gotten worse. The whispers died down and soon came back up the minute he sat on the table with his friends who patted his back for encouragement. He just knew that they were talking about him.

Sneakily looking around, scanning the table where his friends were sitting and could not find him there. He sighed in relief knowing that Perth wasn't around. But then he had this feeling of sudden emptiness. A little relieved and afraid that the guy did gave up on him already.

He huffed angrily, tossing a few food on his tray before realizing that Tar and Plann was looking at him strangely.

"What?" He gave them an innocent plead, as if trying to telling them he knew already and he doesn't need it to be slapped on his face again.

"Seriously Saint? That was the stupidest but most sweetest confession ever!" Tar giggled, his black rimmed glasses settled at the tip of his nose.

Plann though who was still nibbling at his scone nodded in agreement.

"Please... that was the most embarrassing moment of my life" Saint huffed, hiding his face into his two palms

"Hmm. I agree as well but then, as much as I am sympathizing with you but I feel so giggly – please forget that I am a guy for a moment" Plann paused cutely. "But I think you just gave the man the sweetest answer. He was smiling like he won the lottery yesterday you know"

Saint's head whipped and glared at him
"I did not intend to answer him. It was actually the exact opposite"

"Oh trust me! It didn't sound like one" he added before continuing to eat. Signaling Tar to continue the discussion.

"Actually, what we have understood by your outburst was..." Plann paused to think "That you were totally in love with the guy. However he seemed so far fetched. hmm.. What do you call this...? you think you are so out of his league that there is no single chance that he'll fell in love with you"

Saint pouted, This was Tar and Plann that he was talking to. Denying will be non-negotiable.

"Whatever. I still stand by what I said. Me and him is a big NO. It won't happen" He stood, taking his bags with him "I'll be going. I need to study for the quiz tomorrow. See you at one" He walked away missing the smirk on his friend's faces.

He was scribbling furiously on his notebook, taking the important notes that he might need on his oral quiz when the same white familiar shoes came into view. Saint felt his hands trembled as he willed himself not to look up to acknowledge him. They stayed in silence, with him pretending that he's not there and him still trying to look for words to say to him.

"Can I sit here?" He finally asked, flopping down on the grass and crossing his legs.

Saint looked up for a bit and his cheeks flushed red seeing him smiling sweetly at him.

"You're already sitting, why ask?" He tried to say the words straighter and colder but the trembling on it was so evident Perth could only chuckle finding it a little too cute.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I mean, I made you..." Perth tried to get him into a conversation but stopped when the taller boy managed to look up again.

"We.Are.Not.Going.To.Start.This.Conversation." He hissed, practically turning red from anger but mostly from embarrassment of what happened. Perth's wide eyes made him soften a bit, sighing deeply.

"Let's just forget about it ok? I'm here because I need to study. I don't want to be rude but I already missed a few classes so if you are not here to study please... just please let me be"

Perth then smiled again. Finding a little relief that the boy was not actually shouting or chasing him away. He just nodded quietly and opened his own book to study. Perhaps, it was the right time as well to catch up from all the lessons he missed.

A few hours had gone past with them just sitting there and studying. Perth wasn't exactly sure how long they have been there however he was sure that his legs and butt were starting to get numb.

He squirmed a bit looking uncomfortable. He was stretching a bit pinching his legs when Saint looked up at him curiously.

"What are you doing?" raising a brow on the process

He just smiled sheepishly at her "Nothing"

He hummed in response and started to pick up his things up before wobbly standing up. He was on the brink of losing a step when Perth held him up straighter. The feel of his strong arms linked against his waist yet again made Saint flushed deep red.

"Thanks" He pulled himself away and brushing the dried grass off his pants. "I... I need to go"

"umm.. ok" Perth nodded and watch his careful steps as he walks away from him towards the school building.

"Hey" he called back, making Saint span around. His eyes wide with anticipation.

"How about a cup of coffee later?" Perth asked expectantly.

Saint stared a bit before shaking his head "I don't drink Coffee Perth. But thanks anyway" He gestured his head for a single nod before completely walking away.

Perth felt the need to cursed himself after he's out of his sight though. "why did I asked for coffee. He doesn't drink coffee. I know he likes pink milk though! Ughh!!!"

"Well at least he's not shouting at me anymore" Perth grinned before skipping towards the school for his next class. Damn he needed to talk to his Literature professor just because he decided to skip his class a few hours ago.

====================================================
********************************************************************
====================================================