Chapter 01

Whatever it takes

Chapter 1

Saint spared everyone a glance as he lightly spread the butter over his toasted bread and felt rather annoyed at the loud babbles of everyone in the hall where most students of their school eats their everyday meal. He understood the excitement though. It was the start of his last year in high school and everyone including his best friend Tar were too busy recounting their own greatest summer ever.

But then Saint couldn't just missed the way the hall turned silent and a bunch of fourth year students came inside the hall. He rolled his eyes at them and continued chewing at his own bread and egg while the rest of the student body continued to gawk at the group.

But then whispers filled the air when one young man, dressed in his black leather jacket, white V-neck shirt, black cap, black shades and black tight jeans separated from the group and went directly towards the table where most nerds sat.

He just silently stood there, eyes looking at the fair skinned boy and surprisingly too nervous that he kept fiddling at the tip of the zipper of his own jacket.

Tar who was too busy talking soon halted seeing the great Bangkok High MVP slash President slash school icon stood at their table, looking rather nervous and lost. For him the sight was just too disturbing that all he managed to do was to elbow his oblivious friend.

"Hey what!" Saint scowled, bread still on his mouth. He didn't get a response from Tar though. Saint was about to lash at him for making his ribs hurt but then the look on his friend's face made him wonder what it is that managed to capture his friend's attention. He swallowed, following the direction of sight and found the young man directly looking at him.

"What?" He raised a brow, rather looking annoyed at the man in front of him.

"Hi... Saint" He greeted, voice a little shaky as he drew his breath.

Saint laughed "Oh! Wow! What a wonderful day it is don't you think? The great Mr. President finally stopped being so mighty and decided to grace us with his almighty presence. Well hello to you too your highness. What can WE the lowly NERDS as you very well placed it can do for you? Assignments aren't given yet so I assume you need someone to fetch you some breakfast?" Saint snickered, not really believing that he had the honor of starting the usual Jocks vs. Nerds war.

"I... no.. not really... I was actually hoping to make amends. You know... new year? new start?" The nervousness that was evident a few moments ago was replaced by a face adorned by his famous magical smile that seemed to mesmerize not only the whole female population but the male as well.

Saint almost swooned at that however his guts twisted as if sensing that the guy was up to something,

"And you expect me to believe that?" Saint laughed almost hysterically his friends could only cringed back. "No. you need to tell me exactly what brought this Tanapon" He nonchalantly shove two pieces of grapes into his mouth before yet again raising an eyebrow to him "Tell me what you want Perth"

"Fine!" He shrugged in defeat. Oh he knew exactly what he's getting into. Saint was definitely a hard nut to crack, having nasty temper that match his personality. "I want to ask you out. It had been years and I am tired of waiting for you" he mumbled under his breath but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Everyone who managed to hear him had their jaw literally dropped to the floor, including Saint of course who could only stare at him in shock.

The cafeteria silenced, each student remained still too afraid to move that may disrupt the ongoing drama between the famous school president Perth and the nerdy ice prince Saint.

"Are you freaking out of your mind?!!"Saint finally managed to shriek out so loud the people close to where they were ducked down as if wanting to escape some raging bullets.

"I Hope not" Perth giggled.

People at the hall stared at him some more as if Perth Tanapon grew two heads. No this is not possibly the famous Perth at all.

"Ok who are you and what did you do to him?" Saint asked, a little whipped at the sudden changes of the greek jock over the summer. Perth's friends were rolling their eyes, already knowing what was happening but couldn't even stop their friend from embarrassing himself.

Perth felt the need to laugh. "I'm serious. I won't let this year end without telling you that I like you and that I want you to be my boyfriend"

"Uumm...i think that is a good idea. Since Saint here has not been with..." Tar said

"Shut up Tar!" Saint hissed at his friend who scooted back and Saint knew that he was just trying to ease the tension. His head spanned back to the professing guy and studied his face once again

"No!" He shook his head "No! I won't"

Perth shrugged, the playful shy smile on his face faded, looking all defeated. He watched him for a few seconds before forcing a smile on his face again "Ok... I'll talk and ask you tomorrow then? Have a good day Saint... Guys" he nodded at Tar and span around, walking away from Saint's table towards his snickering friends

————————————————————————————————-
********************************************************************
————————————————————————————————-

[a/n I told you so. I will post every past fics I have just for PerthSaint version. here is another one. one chapter at a time. your likes and comments are deeply appreciated. that's why I decided to post some more. ]