Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

Honestly, that was probably true. Still, not like there was much else to do lately. 

Niall tucked an arm around my waist, pulling me in closer to him. Our lips met briefly before my eyelashes fluttered open and our eyes met. It was easy to imagine Niall's eyes being like an ocean of gently lapping waves. 

It felt like everything was back to normal. Like how it was before the Holly thing. It felt good.

Harry had already explained what would be happening in LA to me. The boys would be busy almost all of the time, but I was free to do as I pleased while they did their jobs. Which in my opinion, was great. I had made some friends in LA 2 years ago, I could always track them down again.

"I have an idea," Liam said brightly. "Let's do a twitcam!"

I frowned. "On an airplane? No thanks."

But Liam was already opening up his laptop and asking the flight attendant about wifi. Oh, great. Within a minute, he was on twitcam. Closing my eyes, I tried to get some sleep instead. It was going to be a long flight and the best I could do was not be conscious for some of it.

*

Liam woke me up 10 minutes before the plane landed. The weather in LA was much hotter than in London and in the airplane. I would probably change at the hotel before heading anywhere. Almost immediately, the boys were needed to do a sound check for the concert tonight. 

After a quick kiss, Niall was gone and I was free to roam the city. After being in rainy London for so long, being in the bright and sunny LA was a huge relief. 

The airplane food wasn't exactly filling, so for now, I was looking for a place to eat at. Probably fast food because after all, it was fast. After food, I'd probably go shopping then make a few calls and try to see if anybody I met 2 years ago still wanted to chill. Not likely, but possible. It was weird being out of NYC, alone. When I went on vacation, it was with friends. My parents weren't too keen on going on a cruise or a resort with me. But now, I was out of my comfort zone and without any of my friends of the 5 boys. 

I pulled out my phone to GPS my location and the closest places to eat. 

McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, a whole chain of fast food restaurants popped up. Choosing a Subway as it was only 2 blocks away, I put my phone back in the pocket of my skinny jeans and started walking. The sun was shining in my eyes as I croseed the busy street. I should've brought some sunglasses, but after the time in England and Ireland, I had forgotten the whole world wasn't rainy all the time. 

As I pushed open Subway's door, it made a little bell sound. I ordered a BLT, relieved I was paying with a currency I was familiar with again.

"Excuse me," a small voice said behind me. 

I turned around to see a girl about 16ish years old. She had long straight hair, the colour of Ariana Grande's. Her green eyes looked at me shyly and she had a few freckles on her cheeks. I noticed a One Direction bracelet on her wrist.