Chapter Thirteen

The spacing got a bit screwed, I dunno if it'll be screwed when I publish it...

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Thirteen

"Caroline and I are done."

Harry looked tired and worn. His curls bounced all over and he had dark circles under his eyes, which also had a tint of redness. Had he been crying? A rush of sympathy came to me as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered and he hugged me back.

"No," Harry shook his head. "You were right. Trust it the foundation. Without it, everything topples down."

"With one blow from a big bad wolf," I said softly as I let go. "What happened?"

He slumped down on the couch and I sat beside him, thinking of all the times I had been in the exact same spot. Breakup blues. The time Oliver and his California girl split and we went out for ice cream, the time Chanel's boyfriend got too grade competitive and she didn't want to get out of bed, let alone head to her Math exam. The time Sandra got her heart broken instead of breaking hearts, and many, many, many more. Within my friends, I was like some sort of therapist after breakups or something.

"She said she didn't want somebody who would cheat," Harry said quietly. "And she said I wasn't serious enough. I don't understand. I'd never cheat on her, yet she couldn't trust me. But I think that was her excuse for just not wanting me anymore."

"Don't be so upset about it," I said gently. "It's her loss, you've got millions of girls screaming for you. Besides, when we get to New York, I'll introduce you to every one of my friends until you find one you wanna talk to."

Hopefully, Sandra. Then, they'll both be satisfied. It's never easy to please everyone. I don't bother mentioning how nobody thought it would last anyways and she's kinda rude. But it's not hard to tell Harry took this hard. It reminds me that guys aren't the only ones who can be total dicks.

*

I walk into the kitchen to find Niall making Belgian waffles. I thought that machine was a toaster or something... my bad...