zak bagans

warning: this imagine talks about the death of a parent and is very emotional.

imagine hearing your mothers voice when doing a lockdown

your mother died when you were 12 and since then, your father, zak bagans, has brought you up. he had a show called ghost adventures, where he would go to haunted locations and try to make contact with the spirits there. when you were 15, your dad allowed you to join the crew.

you were doing a case in your home town in las vegas. the location meant a lot to both you and your dad, as it was your mother's favourite place to go to. it was an abandoned mansion, that your mother always used to go to.

at around 3 am, you and your dad were inside what looked like a living room, while the others were at the nerve centre. you had the spirit box on and your dad was shouting out a bunch of random questions, trying to make the spirits talk to you. suddenly, a familiar voice came through the device and said your name. you looked at your dad, your eyes filling with tears as you heard your mothers voice. you both knew that there was a possibility that she might be there, but you didn't think she would contact you.

"m-mom?" you felt the tears roll down your cheeks as your dad wiped his out of his eyes. the boys back at nerve centre, watched what was happening through the cameras, eyes wide in shock.

"love you" her voice came through again. your dad got up from were he was sitting and stood with his back from you. you heard him mumbling your mothers name.

"i love you too, mom." you choked, the tears coming harder than ever. chills ran up your spine as the air went cold.

"zak?" the voice came through again. zak let out a sob and turned around. he wiped his tears and looked at you.

"hey, y/m/n. i-i love you. i'm sorry that this happened to you.....i'm sorry." neither of you bothered to hold back your tears, neither of you could.

a cold air surrounded zak, as if your mother was hugging him. "it's.....okay". you stood up and ran your fingers through your hair.

you never got to say goodbye to your mom, you thought now was a good time. "goodbye, mom. i love and miss you so much."

"goodbye." that was the last thing to come through the spirit box. you turned it off and hugged your dad, crying into his chest. aaron came in the room, placing a hand on zaks shoulder. zak decided to stop the investigation, as he felt that neither you or him could continue.

that was some of the best spiritual contact that the crew was able to document, and you were glad it was with your mother. now you had said goodbye, you finally felt like you were somewhat okay.

authors note:
okay i made myself cry writing this holy shit. i've had this idea for a while know but i finally wrote it and i'm happy with it. sorry that it's so sad.

also what the fuck is this new update?