Part 4

Your point of view:

That actually nearly happened.
I would say saved by the bell but I didn't want to be saved. We both turn to the door. In an attempt to ignore what just happened I speak through the slightly uncomfortable silence.
"Race you!" I shout  before using my spatial jump to get to the stairs first.
"Oh you're on." He responds, copying my actions.
"Three.."
"Two..."
"One..."
"Go."
We both use our spatial jumps to get down the stairs and sprint to the dining room. We stand behind our places preparing to be told to sit.
"I so won." I whisper to him.
"In your dreams." He responds.
You're in my dreams. Wow brain, you're cheesy.
'Father' enters the room and we are told to take our seats.
I finish eating quickly and lean back slightly in my chair.
"Sit up Eight," 'Father' demands from across the table. I roll my eyes and do as he says reluctantly.
"Why can't you just behave how you should?" He continues.
I stand up and run upstairs.
Soon after I reach my room Five runs in and hugs me. When he lets go I lie down, he lies down on top of me, something he does when he needs to make me laugh because it always works.
"Hi." He says.
"Hi." I laugh.
"Are you okay?"
"Not really. Why are you so weird?" I ask him, he shrugs.
"You love it."
I love you.. please will my brain shut up?
I roll my eyes playfully as he gets off me.
"Eight, I'm going to ask him if we can time travel tomorrow. We are getting so good at doing spatial jumps."
"It's risky but it's a change."
"Yeah."
"I'm gonna sleep early. A lot happened today.." I say calmly.
"Me too. Goodnight." He says smiling and getting up.
"Wait, Five."
"Yes?"
"Do you want to stay in here tonight? I'm worried about you because of your emotions." He nods yes and goes to get ready for bed. I put on my pyjamas -which are much like a uniform as the others all have the exact same ones- and clean my teeth before flopping face down on my bed. I hear Five slowly creep into the room and lie down next to me, I turn over to face the slightly cracked ceiling and smile.
"Five, I still can't thank you enough for today." I turn to face him as he faces me.
"It's no problem. I've been waiting for you to come on a mission for a long time. I had a lot more fun with everything today." He smiles and I sense a genuine happiness come over him, this ability also serves me well as a lie detector.
He then yawns and puts his arms around me.
"I hope you don't mind, I forgot my teddy bear...which I definitely do not own."
I laugh lightly and he falls asleep, soon after so do I.

**The next morning**
I hear not so graceful footsteps coming down the hall towards my room and open my eyes slowly. Must be pretty early morning as the alarm hasn't gone off to wake us yet.
"Morning Y/n-" Klaus begins while entering my room.
"What the f-"
"Not a word. First, he's still asleep and second we are friends so be quiet." I tell him before he could freak out.
"Come on, we all know you like each otherrrrrr.." He teases.
"No."
Not a complete lie, he does not like me.
"Well have you seen how he looks at you?" He asks rhetorically.
"Can you read minds or some shit now?"
"Nope, you're just sooooooo predictable."
"Thanks Klaus, really. Now what did you come here for?"
"Oh I was wondering if you had some of my special stuff.. it went missing."
"Damn right it did. I took it and you're not having it back. I know you take the drugs to stop the dead but it's destroying you physically and emotionally."
"Fine, I'll just go buy some more. Why do you have to be an actual good person? It's annoying." I laugh as he leaves, knowing he can't actually be stopped and that he will probably turn my room upside down later looking for it because we both know how expensive that stuff is.

I decide that I'll let Five sleep. He looks tired recently. You know that feeling where all you want to do is help someone but you can't because they won't tell you what's wrong? That's what I feel all the time around Five. That and a strange feeling that I've never felt for anyone before. I think that I might have feelings for him. Not just the loving him as a friend. I've known him for so long, we've been best friends for so long and I think I'm in love with him. It's painful seeing him every day, being too afraid to tell him because it could ruin everything, destroy our friendship. We are so comfortable with each other and spend almost all our time together, if I didn't have that then I don't know how I'd cope here. I can only assume not very well.

**The alarm goes off**
"Five..five, wake up."
"Ughhhhhhhhh."
"Come on, we have to train."
"But I'm comfyyyyyy.. shit." He lets go of me as he curses at the end.
"I was comfy too but we have to get up." I tell him.
"You're right." He gets up and goes to his room to get ready. I do my usual routine and run downstairs, ready to train for the next mission. I'm hoping to practice a few new tricks today but I also want to focus on the spatial jumps because of what might happen later tonight. This could be the best or worst day of my life and I'm sure Five probably feels the same.

**at breakfast**
I pull out a piece of paper to write notes on. I scribble 'Now?' and pass the note to Five. He quickly scribbles on the paper: 'now'. He then stabs a knife into the table.
"I- We have a question."

Word count: 1024
Sorry this was a little late, I had a busy day today (well, yesterday. It's just past midnight) but I just had to get this out for you all. Thanks again for reading, hopefully I'll see you in the next chapter byeeee :))