Its been a year (or so)

Dear reader,

I was looking at the story and I realised that it's been about a year or so since I started writing this book! I'm not sure of the actual date because I went back and edited a lot of the past chapters but one that wasn't edited said the 3rd of March so that's going to be the official date that Pain was written. The 3rd of March, 2018.

And here we are, a year later with 11k reads/views, 267 votes and 71 comments (as of the 24th of February 2019) and the numbers just don't seem to add up in my head. How have this many people seen my little story? It really just shocks me.

I remember hitting 100 reads and feeling so happy that I cried a little bit because it freaked me out (despite a few of the reads coming from myself) and hitting 1k was mind blowing to me. I screamed so loudly that my family thought that something had happened to me and I quickly had to lie to cover myself because for some reason I didn't want to tell them about Pain just yet. Since then, I've told some of them and they're both shocked and proud.

Hitting 10k was the most exciting but scariest thing I've experienced whilst writing this book so far. It was exciting because it was a huge milestone for me but also very scary because I feel like now people expect a lot more from me now that this book is kind of popular (well I guess it's popular). I've always been a people pleaser and now that I have a larger audience it's probably going to spiral out of control but making you guys happy is one of my favourite things to do. I know the feeling when you face a really tough day and you just want to relax so you open Wattpad and read and I wanted my followers to relax (although little to no relaxation ever happens in the Kakegurui universe!)

You guys are kinda like my little stars which is so cheesy but every time you like or comment, I smile so brightly and light up like a star. All of you make me so unbelievably happy that it's actually insane and I feel so grateful for every single one of you. From my silent readers (and there's no shame about being a silent reader as some people are more hesitant to interact and just want to read the story! Silent readers are just as special and important!) to my frequent commenters, I love all of you from the bottom of my heart. And if you need anything at all, I will always be here. Never be afraid to send me a message about anything, the world can sometimes be a scary place so we can be each other's lights!

I feel really emotional writing this, it's like I have no idea what to say. It's hard for me to express my feelings without crying so I'm struggling a lot right now. However, I want you all to know that I'm so grateful for all of you clicking on my story and giving it a read. Even if you stopped reading after the first chapter or decided that you hated it completely, I am still grateful for all of you. You have given me a lot of confidence that I didn't previously have and it has helped me a lot, inside and outside of Wattpad. So thank you!

To the people reading this right now, the only way onwards is up! I love you guys!

The Sappiest Author Alive,

Opalft x