7.

"We should decide on a betting amount." I said, breaking the harsh silence between Sora and I. A dark aura had settled over us and many other students gathered around, waiting to see our match.

"We'll make the betting amount start at 20,000 Yen...we can raise it of course, if you'd like." He smirked and I innocently smiled, a blush settling on my features. I was going to destroy him. He beckoned Haru over to be the dealer in our game and I coughed politely, holding up a hand and stopping him in his tracks.

"Now, don't take offence when I say this Haru but you can't be our dealer." I said and Sora gritted his teeth in anger, snarling at me. Laughing at his anger, I quickly held a hand up to cover my mouth, my shoulders shaking in mirth.

"You see Sora, you knew her name which is odd because she's a first year and she's also a HousePet so I can only assume that you have some type of hold over her so you can understand why I don't want her as the dealer." I politely said although my tone was enough to provoke Sora and make him flush a deep shade of red in anger. I smirked slightly, knowing that I had foiled his plans. I wasn't about to let any chance of winning this game fail all because of some petty cheating. I pointed to a random HousePet in the crowd, calling them over.  They stood in front of me and I gave them a warm smile.

"What's your name?" I asked and the boy blushed before answering.

"Yomozi Daiske."

"Well Yomozi, I want you to be the dealer of our game." I brightly said, clasping my hands together in enthusiasm and the boy went red, looking around as if he was searching  for someone in the crowd.

"I'm sorry but that's my pet." A girlish voice said and the crowd parted, a blonde girl stepping out from between them. She had blonde hair pinned up into a messy ponytail with dark streaks throughout her bouncy hair. Her shirt was slightly crinkled and her blazer was sloppily tied around her waist. I smiled at her, cupping my chin with my hand.

"You wouldn't mind if we borrowed him, would you?" I asked and she laughed loudly, pushing Yomozi towards us.

"Sure! Do what you want with him! I'm Karen by the way!" She said loudly and I smirked, deciding that I liked this girl. Yomozi stepped forward and picked up the cards on the table, sliding them out of the packet. The harsh sound did very little to ease the tension between Sora and I who had been staring me down, probably in an attempt to figure me out. Yomozi placed one of Joker cards on the table before shuffling the cards and distributing them between us equally. Silently, I picked up my cards, scanning over them with a neutral face.

I almost screamed inside when I saw that I had the only joker in the pack, meaning that I had the Old Maid. Sora chuckled and began to smirk at me and I sent him back the sweetest smile.

"You know Sora, I've always found you interesting." I said as I discarded a pair of tens of hearts and two jacks. Sora laughed and discarded the pairs in his pack rather slowly. I smiled at him, waiting for him to reply.

"Your persona is annoying Aiko; it's almost like you have a stick stuck up your ass, unlike your sister..." He smirked and I gripped my cards slightly harder before letting out a deep breath and placing down my cards flat on the table. I reached up to my hair and pulled it out of its ponytail, letting it tumble and spill around my shoulders. I cocked an eyebrow and Sora nodded in approval. I collected all of my cards into a pile and picked them up, slyly spreading the cards out the other way in case Sora had cheated.

"Please pick a singular card from each others cards." Yomozi said and Sora gestured at me to go first. I stopped, studied his cards and picked one from the right, placing it onto the table. Sora did the same, randomly grabbing a card and adding it to his pile. I glanced at my cards and saw that the card was a two of clubs which I didn't have. Sora hadn't picked the Joker and I knew that I had to be patient.

"You, Aiko!" Karen shouted and I politely looked over at her, becoming confused when I saw how angry she was. She leaned in close to me, a frantic look in her eyes.

"What are you doing? I know you have it in you...that gambling freakiness...show it to me...why are you playing it so safe?" She panted out and Yomozi looked alarmed, staring at her in fright. I guessed that this was a regular thing that happened and didn't end well each time. I let her words sink in though, knowing that I was indeed playing it to safe.

"Lets raise the bet to 60,000 Yen." I firmly said and Karen snickered, backing away with a dark blush on her face. Sora seemed startled for a second but quickly regained his composure, looming above me like a monster.

"Are you sure Aiko? We all know how bad you tend to be at gambling after last year." He boomed and I heard some snickers around us. I closed my eyes, tuning everyone out and imagining that I was looking into a mirror, staring at the girl I was before last year. If I wanted to win, I would have to overcome my fear and use her help. I sighed, glaring at her smirking expression and I punched the mirror, sending glass shards flying everywhere, the colour clashing against my pink hair. The other me jumped out of the mirror promptly, wrapping her arms around me as her eyes glowed and a sinister giggle came out of her lips. I cringed as she hugged me but I knew I had to accept her so I quickly wrapped my arms around her, gasping as she fused into my body, causing blood to rush into my ears.

Slowly opening my eyes, I trained them onto Sora and giggled as he looked slightly unnerved at the wild look in my eyes and the cold smirk that I had plastered on my face. I rested my chin on my hands, cocking my head slightly to the side in a mocking way.

"Don't baby me, of course I'm sure! In fact, why don't we bet 1.5 million Yen instead, Sora..." I drawled out his name before laughing loudly and gasps were heard all around as Sora's friends began to yelp in protest whilst Sora quietly sat there, processing what I had said. I could tell that he was angry as he tightly clenched his cards before looking up at me with the most furious look in his eyes.

"Don't you dare sit there and mock me! I'm going to ruin you and make your life hell!" He roared and I laughed once again, leaning forward slightly and offering out my cards to him so he could take one. He snatched it harshly and I took one from his pack, laughing and throwing down a pair of fives, causing him to gasp out in shock.

"Prepare to die Sora!" I screamed out, throwing my head back with a wild look in my eyes.

***

Sorry for the late update guys, I'm going to be very busy during these two weeks so the updates will be irregular so I'm sorry about that! This part is going to be split into two due to it's length so part 8 will carry on from this part. Karen and Yomozi were completely made up on the spot, I'm not really sticking to the plot that I've made and instead I'm creating random characters to make things more interesting! I'm unsure as if to make a chapter dedicated to character profiles because I haven't really explained most of the characters appearances properly and I want to make it really clear to you guys.

See ya soon,

opalftx