✧ Eijun Sawamura x Reader ➃

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

D a t i n g  W o e s

"Please, I don't know what I'd do without you," Eijun begged, his arms around your waist. If only you were looking at him, you would have probably allowed him to get what he wanted. That's usually how it goes, one glance at his puppy dog eyes and he'll win. He always did.

"No, Eijun. Understand what no means?" you say firmly, keeping your eyes locked on the paper you were working on.

"But—"

Finally, you turn to glare at him, speaking with venom charged in every syllable, "Eijun, what did I just say?"

"You... asked for a few more minutes..."

"To do what exactly?" you press on, the intensity and annoyance still clear in your eyes.

He would not admit it but if he doesn't escape your meaningful glare, he'd probably be too scared to respond to you by now.

"To finish your essay," he finished, pouting to the floor.

It hasn't even been 10 minutes since you began to write your essay. Why is he so easily distracted?

Without breaking your stare, you raise an eyebrow at him. He wasn't usually this clingy. "Eijun, have you finished yours?"

"Nope!" He grins. That smile nearly blinded you for good.

"Eijun," You begin with a steely tone, "if you don't finish that, I'm breaking up with—"

He gasps dramatically. "(First Name), don't you dare finish that sen—"

"—you," you finish with a smirk.

He breaks away and crashes into your bed. You already know what's coming next from the shuffling noises. He's going to have his head buried into your pillow and say something like—

"Waaaahhh, (First Name), youuu sadist!" his muffled voice droning on from behind.

He never changes.

You sit near the kotatsu that you two share but with Eijun being Eijun, he's everywhere at the same time.

"I'm not messing around. Go work on it now."

"Fine, wifeyyy!" suddenly he closes in, "So do I get some sort of reward afterwards?" he asks, resting his chin on your shoulder. The warmth of his face gives your heart a slight jump start.

With perfect composure you turn to face him, pretending to think deeply. "What about my specialized natto rice?" you ask, a mischievous grin spreading across your face.

The southpaw pitcher made a face reminiscent of a child after tasting some lemon. "I don't even know why you keep bullying me like this. I mean, do you not love me anymore, (First Name)?!"

"And I have no idea why I'm dealing with your dramatic arse but here we are," you shrug. 

* ✫ ❚ ✫ *

No more than five minutes later, he opens his mouth to spout something yet again.

"Hey, on a serious note though. Bribe me, wifey," Eijun pleads, eyes batting straight at you. Both of you knew that bribing each other would make you two work faster and better.

Before his imploring gaze overwhelms your heart rate, you roll your eyes, "Fine, I get to buy you food and you get to buy me food. What do you think?"

Without losing a beat, this gets him rattling off his thoughts before they even register in his head. "Sweet! Anything not natto would be awesome!"

"That's not very specific enough, love."

The southpaw pitcher thought for a moment before finally deciding. "Then, miso ramen!"

"Alright, Ichiraku ramen it is; RIGHT AFTER THIS HELL," you sigh out right in front of your essay paper as Eijun takes the other side of the kotatsu.

Together, you two wrote the essay in peace and quiet—

Is what you wanted to say but with Eijun Sawamura in the picture, there is no such thing as peace and quiet.

Once in a while, he would ask you how to write a word, or how to say a phrase properly, which you gladly helped him with.

A short while later, you finish writing your essay so you decide to move closer behind Eijun, leaning against his wide back. The sound of pen scratching against paper stops for a few heartbeats, then resumes; this time seemingly faster than before. In a couple minutes of him working, your eyes start to close and your head droops. He picks up your familiar peaceful breathing and writes down his final sentences carefully and quietly.

When he finished, he tidies up all the notes and pens on the table, and then, slowly and carefully, turns and closes his arms around you.

"...Hmm, Eijun, are you finally done?" you said, drawling. You could hardly keep your eyes open from mental exhaustion.

"Yeah," he nodded, "But let's take a nap first..."

"You sure? Not hungry?" your voice sounded far away even to yourself as sleep engulfed your being.

"Yep, I'm sure," his voice echoes softly. He tucks you in your bed, and slips into the space right next to you, hugging you close until he falls asleep too.

Sunlight peeked through the curtains, and you woke up with Eijun's arm draped around you. With great effort, you reach for your alarm clock that didn't mysteriously fail to go off.

"Damn," your day starts off with a colorful string of creative cursing, "sweet Merlin." Finally struggling against Eijun's weight off you, you yell into the face of the sleeping lug beside you. "EIJUN! WAKE UP, WE'RE RUNNING LATE!"

The sweet southpaw pitcher didn't even stir from his sleep as he merely moved away from your noisy urging. Finally, with the weight off you, you got up and scrambled about to get ready.

You skip the usual routine; neglecting the make-up to hold out on your chances of making it to your first class.

Ten minutes left!

"Eijuuuuun!" you try to shake him awake but to no avail; he rolls over like a sleeping bear. Shaking him, tapping his head, sitting on his back—nothing seemed to work.

"EIJUN! IT'S TIME! GET UP!"

Groggily, he finally gets up. "Huh? Am I in the future? you were just wearing a shirt and shorts earlier, now you're in your uniform?"

"Eijun, love, wake up, please. We can still make it if you go do your shit now!"

Finally, your message gets through his sleepy head as panic crawls into his eyes. He immediately gets up and races around and gets ready in less time than you took. Hmph. Boys.

Racing for the gate, you two were a second away from the bell ringing throughout the entire school, barely making it. 

☆★♡☆★

I figured since I ended the book back in 2017 with Eijun then I should start with my favorite southpaw pitcher once again~

Co-authored with the awesome editor @Shiranagatari ~