"What's Kieran doing in the air?!" Susan screamed as she came out with the cake. She nearly dropped it to the ground if her husband hadn't been holding the other half. Kieran waved from where he sat on the dinosaur's head. "Get down from there!"

"He's perfectly safe," Sabrina assured her, though she knew the mother's concern was justified. Maybe she should stick to balloon animals? Susan was bright red with anger, and Sabrina sighed, before lifting her hand and shrinking the dinosaur to a child-sized version, where Kieran was merely floating a few feet off the ground. Susan gasped, raising a hand to her forehead and rushing back inside.

Sheepishly smiling, Sabrina met the eyes of the husband. Ah, shit. She was in trouble.

★☆

"She needs to have her license taken away from her!" Susan wept, pointing at Sabrina accusingly. Scratching the back of her head, Sabrina sat uncomfortably in the middle of the police station in her tutu and glittery make up. Her arms were crossed and she was frowning deeply, growing increasingly frustrated with what was supposed to have been an easy day.

"What is your profession, ma'am?" Officer Sisco turned to the young woman, clearly done with hearing the sob story. "It says here you're an amateur magician and hypnotist."

Sabrina nodded.

"And the claim here is that the kids were running around and..." he squinted at the report. "Hovering in the air as if they had been possessed."

Susan sniffled.

"Mrs Carlow, you do understand what hypnotism is, don't you?" Sisco inquired, quirking an eyebrow. Susan shrunk back in her chair a little, her face turning a bright red.

"Well, of course I do!" she cried, and Sabrina resisted the urge to groan, glancing around the precinct for anything interesting. She noticed a familiar face walking in with a man in handcuffs, and her eyes widened once she realised she knew him too.

The man, as if sensing her staring, looking over and met her eyes. He recognised her too, and smirked widely at the sight of her outfit and make up. He wasn't wearing a mask, so Sabrina could see his face, and she hated the fact that he was incredibly handsome. Of course, she saw him looking gorgeous, while he had to witness the idiotic fairy princess dress.

"Sabrina," Sisco muttered, pulling the woman back to earth once more. Her eyes flickered back to him and she raised her brows curiously, not having been listening. "I'm letting you off with a warning, alright? Maybe you should start putting the emphasis on hypnotist rather than magician? I don't care how many rabbits you can pull out of hats or how amazing your balloon animals are. You understand me?"

Sabrina nodded, trying to keep the smile from her face. Susan, however, was fuming.

"But this isn't normal!" she exclaimed angrily, drawing the entirety of the precinct's attention. She smacked her hand on the desk and almost stomped her feet like a three year old. "She's crazy! She should be locked up with all of the shit she's been doing?"

"Mrs Carlow, have you heard of the Umbrella Academy?" Sisco inquired, and Sabrina watched, hoping steam would blow out the middle aged woman's ears. "That's crazy. All Miss Nilsson is doing is waving her hands and letting the kids' imaginations run wild."

Susan kicked her chair up and stormed out of the precinct, but not before spitting in Sabrina's direction. "You're lucky I'm not suing you!"

Once she was out of sight, Sabrina sighed, leaning onto the desk and resting her head in her arms. Sisco patted her head. "Maybe you should find another job, kid."

"But I'm good at this one," she grumbled, her voice coming out quite muffled. "It's not like the museum's paying a shit ton."

"Maybe you could think about working here a few days a week," Sisco suggested, and Sabrina poked her head up a little to meet the eyes of the man. They had known each other for quite a few years now, seeing as he had helped her out of a few situations before, some like the one she was currently caught in, others...different. "We pay a lot better than any of those cheap parents do."

Sabrina's lips curved into a lopsided smile. "Yeah, maybe."

Sisco chuckled softly and finished writing the paperwork for the case. "I can't keep doing this for you, you know."

"Yeah, I know," Sabrina watched his pen fly across the paper. She was lucky to have the officer in her life, otherwise she'd be in a far worse place. "Thanks, though. I really appreciate it."

Sisco looked over at her and smiled softly. He then glanced up at the scar on her forehead. He reached over and tapped it with the end of his pen. "What's the story today?"

Sabrina smiled back. "A porcelain bowl fell on my head when I was twelve."

Sisco hummed. "Creative. I prefer the one with the bear."

"Me too," Sabrina agreed. "But it was a bit of a task getting people to believe that."

"I'll bet," Sisco chuckled, before checking his watch. He looked back up the woman and offered her a smile once more. "You want a lift home? I've gotta pick up some dinner for the family anyway, so it's no hassle."

Sabrina exhaled gratefully. "That would be brilliant. Thanks, Sisco."

Sisco shrugged, picking up his car keys. "Anything for my favourite weirdo."

★☆

ah shit this was bad

uhh idk where i'm going with this

hope you enjoyed i guess??