" His arrival was today? I had completely forgotten, send him my regards, will you? " She sighed.

" Archer, I want you to make an effort- "

" You act like I haven't been trying for the last 7 years. I think that's long overdue wouldn't you agree? "

" Stephen loves you, Archer. He's just not in his right place to show he does. Give him time. "

" I think I've given him more than enough time, " I said harshly but I knew she could see through my tough exterior. A knock was heard at the door and I spoke.

" You may enter. " Pierce walked through and spoke.

" Sir Lockwood has requested that you two come to his office to greet Stephen as he has just returned. " Vivienne nodded. 

" Thank you, Pierce. We'll be over in just a moment. " He closed the door and I grabbed my suit jacket along with my phone.

" You'll come to see him with me, won't you? " I saw the pleading look in her eyes as she asked and it saddened me. It was breaking her every day that her sons weren't getting along. Blood or not she treated me the same as him and only wanted the best for us. It was Stephen who made things different, who let money and power go to his head. 

Did I really want to inherit my father's business? I surely did but if I could do it with him by my side, it would be even better. I wouldn't even mind working lower than him, that was to be determined by my father but Stephen didn't see it that way. It was a constant battle in his mind that could only have two outcomes none of which had to do with us working together as brothers.

I nodded my head at her. " I'll go see him, but I have a few things scheduled with Sterling so I won't be here for long. " She smiled brightly and walked to the door. 

" I'll see you downstairs then. " I nodded my head and she walked out leaving me in silence. I sighed heavily as I grabbed all of the things that I needed for the day and stepped out of my room. I went down the stairs and entered my father's office only to see him sitting at his desk as he talked to Stephen who was sitting on the couch with Vivienne beside him. I cleared my throat and Stephen's eyes made their way over to me.

" Stephen.. I see you've returned home.. "

" It does appear that way, yes but I'm unsure for how long.. father needs me to go on another trip soon. I heard your back in school, how is it? "

" Tedious and dull are the words that come to mind. " He nodded his head and my mother had an ear to ear smile as she watched our interaction but I knew this wasn't going to be it. It never was. 

" Calvin, why don't you and I leave the room for a moment.. let the boys catch up, it has been a while since they've seen each other. "

" But this is my office, can't they go somewhere- " He silenced himself when he received a glare from her and reluctantly stood up. Making his way to the door he sighed.

" Don't take to long. I have a meeting in 15 minutes. " He walked out of the room, and Vivienne smiled.

" Don't mind him. You boys take as much time as you need to catch up. " 

Stephen smiled, " We sure will, thank you, mother. " She beamed widely and closed the door. The room was silent and I watched as he turned his head to look at me. He was the first to speak and the look in his eyes changed.

" So little brother, how have you been? "

" Cut the crap, Stephen. It's just us now. " He shrugged and leaned back. 

" I was being nice in case mother was listening on the other side of the door but since we're over the formalities, I really don't care how you've been. "