Getting lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even noticed when I finished or if someone else was in the room.

" It sounds beautiful.. " The voice of my step-mother spoke, and I shrugged my shoulders.

" It's old. I wrote it a while ago. "

" What did you write about? " She asked, but I didn't say anything. She continued, asking another question.

" Or rather who did you write it about? " I looked over to her to see a smile on her face.

" Vivienne don't " She chuckled.

" Whatever happened to mom? " Gazing back to the piano, I spoke.

" You asked too many questions, that's what happened. " She raised her hands in surrender.

" It's not my fault you have the title of the song written in bold at the top. " I snatched the papers from the top of the stand and closed my eyes as I was slowly growing irritated.

" Leave Vivienne. " She rolled her eyes.

" I kid I kid, no need to throw me out yet. " I looked down at my sheets and sighed. I started to grow somewhat close to Vivienne to the point where I once called her mom, and she cried for a week straight. She was annoying, to say the least with wanting to know everything that was going on in my life but I knew she meant well.

" How has school been? I know you're going back full time to focus on your studies. "

" It's not the worst, but I wish I was back at the office and not listening to the constant nagging of a middle-aged man talking about how to run a business. As if I don't already know. "

" You are just like your father you know that? Always thinking that you know everything. "

" As much as I don't want to agree, you got me there. But is it not the truth? " 

" It may be true but that's not the point- " I cut her off.

" Then what is the point? " I asked and she sighed. 

" Alright how about we adjourn this little convo and move on to something different. " 

" Gladly.. " I stood and walked over to my mirror as I decided to change my shirt.

" Have you no modesty Archer? " She asked sitting at the edge of my bed and I shrugged.

" You're in my room mother. I can very much do whatever I please. " I pulled off the rest of my shirt and grabbed the one I would be wearing for the rest of the day.

Her eyes directed to a shirt on my bed that she was now folding and a small smile came across her face

" You're brother is coming home today. " I froze in front of the mirror and I felt her eyes on me once again. Gaining my composure, I shrugged as I pulled on my shirt.