Part 3: Heaven's Gate

Remington's POV

Emerson suggested to us we wear something to disguise ourselves so we wouldn't be caught. He chose to wear a Native American chief headdress with his sunglasses on. Sebastian wore a white-haired wig and put on some sunglasses, and Andrew wore his own pairof shades while donning a white suit with a polka-dot shirt underneath. Emerson said Andrew looked like the lost member of Queen. We all laughed, and Andrew just punched him in the arm with a scowl on his face. I decided to wear a hoodie with the hood over my head while wearing a Japanese face mask. Emerson says it made me look like a serial killer, but it just makes me feel like a cute anime character. After we got ready, we made our way to Calypso's album release party which would be in a small, abandoned warehouse at night.

When we got there, the security guard let us in believing we were the entertainment or something, and My God, the party was amazing. There were lights flashing, people dancing, and there was an amazing karaoke machine hooked up to a giant flatscreen. We were welcomed by a few people, and I almost pissed my pants when Calypso's publicist saw us, and gave us a suspicious look. Then, he smiled and said, "Glad you guys could make it. Make this night one to remember for the rest of your life." I was surprised that he was so kind and generous. Maybe not all members of the band were bad people. After all, it was Luke and Jasper who loved to hate us, especially Jasper. We never did anything to him personally, and he looks like he wants to snap our necks. Best strategy was to just ignore him and stay out of his way if we wanted to avoid getting caught.

My enjoyment of the party, though was destroyed when I saw Veronica dancing with some dude. This is not what I wanted when I agreed to come here. I was so fucking enraged, I wanted to punch the guy in his nose. I still can't believe she did that to me after I treated her like a fucking princess. I never wanted to hurt her, but she hurt me without batting an eye. My thoughts were interrupted when some random girl was on the karaoke spoke in the mic, quite drunkenly, and said, "Okay! I need two volunteers to set a romantic mood in this place. How about the little anime dude there?" I realized she was pointing at me, and a couple of guests dragged me to the stage. Then, everyone was looking at me. The girl continued speaking, "and for the female lead on this one. Let's go with that cute chick right there."

Joanna's POV

I was just writing lyrics in my notebook when people started yelling, and when I looked up, the girl on the mic was pointing at me. I got scared right then and there. I could not for the life of me sing up there alone, not tonight. But, then a couple of girls brought me to my feet and brought me to the stage where I stood in front of a mic and a boy was standing a few feet next to me. I didn't look at him, because I was already filled up with anxiety and wishing I wasn't there. Then, the host spoke to us, "Well, well, don't we have an adorable couple here. Let's get you guys to sing a rocking love song. How about 'Partners In Crime'?" Everyone in the audience cheered and and agreed, but I still just kept staring at my feet.

Then they started playing the song, and I had to sing the first lyric, so I took a deep breath and started following the lyrics on the screen.

You'll never take us alive
We swore that death will do us part
They'll call our crimes a work of art
You'll never take us alive
We'll live like spoiled royalty, lovers and partners
Partners in crime
Partners in crime

This, the tale of, reckless love, living a life of crime on the run
I brush to a gun to paint these states green and red
Everybody freeze, nobody move
Put the money in the bag, or we will shoot
Empty out the vault and me and my doll will be on our way