The Lady In My Life - Chapter 26

Michael let the woman inside and closed the door behind her.
He smiled and led her to the living room.
Jermaine bumped into her. "Look at you, my big boy!", she said, while she immediately gave him a big hug.
"Oh boy, look at you, Jermaine.."
"You became even more beautiful.", Jermaine said.

Brandy took the courage to walk into the living room en then she saw her.
It was Diana Ross.
The Diana Ross.
What was she doing here? Brandy had no idea why her and Michael were so close.
She remembered when Michael and her made love on a song of Diana.

After Diana greeted Jermaine, she held Michaels hand.
"Oh baby, I'm so glad to see you. I just wanna hold you all day long.", she giggled.
Michael blushed, and soon enough his sight fell on Brandy.
"Diana, I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend Brandy.", Michael said, with a proud smile on his face.
Diana immediately let go of him and looked at Brandy, with quite an arrogant look.

"Oh hello Brandy

"Oh hello Brandy. I'm Diana."
Diana stuck out her hand to shake hers.
Brandy tried to smile while shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Diana.", she softly said.
She had no idea why Diana acted this way. On television she always looked so friendly, now she was just acting shady.

Michael tried to break the awkward silence between everyone.
"So Diana, what are you doing here?", he asked.
"I wanted to catch up with you all. You know, a little get together.", Diana answered.
Jermaine nodded his head. "Wonderful. I'm sure mother is looking forward to seeing you."
She smiled and touched her hair. "I'm looking forward to seeing her too. But you two, are my little pearls, huh.", she smiled and giggled.

Brandy was getting a little bit irritated by the act, and thought it was enough for today.
"I'm going to drink my tea.", she said, while leaving the living room to enter the kitchen again.
While Brandy sat down in the kitchen to drink her tea, she heard them laugh and talk about a lot of things.
She also heard the kissing noises again. Couldn't she just stay away from Brandy's boyfriend? This was ridiculous.

Michael himself was a little bit overwhelmed by everything. He used to think Diana was the most beautiful woman in the world, but that changed since Brandy came into his life.
Before he met Brandy he saw Diana almost every day. He even lived with her for awhile, but that wasn't because they were a couple.
He lived with her because Diana could teach him how the music industry worked and she knew Michael didn't had it easy at home, with his father being aggressive around him and his family.

You could say that Diana learned him a lot, and he was very thankful of that.
He didn't want to have it any other way, but when he saw that there was something wrong with Brandy, he immediately stopped talking and walked into the kitchen.
"Honey, whats's wrong?", he asked her.
"It's nothing, I'm just drinking my tea.", brandy answered.
Michael sat next to her.
"You're sitting here all by yourself.. I can tell by the way you look that there's something wrong. You can tell me everything baby..", Michael said, while caressing her hand with his fingertips.

Brandy looked him deep in the eyes and sighed.
"I can't really tell you right now.. but it's about her.", she said.
"You mean.. Diana?"
"Sssssttt!!", Brandy immediately said. Michael was talking way too loud.
Michael nodded and lowered his voice.
"What about her?", he whispered this time.
"It's just the way she looks at you.. the way she stares. I've got a weird feeling about it..", Brandy sighed.
"Brandy, we're just close. I've known her for a long time, you know. But there's nothing between us."

At that moment Diana walked into the kitchen.
"Oh boy.. I need me a big cup of tea.", she sighed with a theatrical voice.