Kid

Side character POV

Dad!

The world was spinning. I had no idea what to do.

Just a minute ago I was just playing with my friends. It was a sunny day but the breeze was perfect for going outdoors. This day was supposed to be better than most days. Why is it that today became the worst day in a matter of seconds?

He's safe right?

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why is there smoke? Why am I running towards the smoke?

Because I'm worried.
I'm scared? Everything and everyone was a blur. Everyone is running away. I'm running towards it. I'm dreading the moment I find out what is it.

I saw my house.
The flames were spreading to other houses.

But why is my house the center of it all?

I couldn't... I can't... no. Don't stop me! You bastards! Don't- They're dragging me away, I won't see dad again. He's gonna die like mother.

Just like mother.
.
.
.

Up in flames, a horror filled face by the beautiful fire light. Even if I can hardly remember anything else, I still remember her screams.

Stop! You can't do this! You-!

She indignantly yelled at the man as if she was scolding him and not in a life threatening situation. The man glowered and pinned her to the wall despite her protest. He looked at her eyes. I don't know what he was thinking.

I don't want to know what he was thinking.

I do want to know... what my mother thought would happen when she called him a monster.

She always told me to play nice, to be nice, and to grow up as nice person. Was this one of her exceptions?

Don't be nice to one of the only people in the world that would do anything you ask.

Don't be nice to the person that's done everything you've asked.

Don't be nice to someone who's finally fighting back.

That man... he's family... almost...

He always played with me when mother and father were busy. He would do everything around the mansion. He told me he was a butler...

My parents called him a slave.

As I watched her burn, I didn't realize I watched with dead eyes. At that time, I thought, I don't know this woman. I dont know anything about her other than her birthday and that she's my mother.

I don't even know her name.

I now realize how terrible those thoughts were. However, no matter how many times the memory replays in my head, I could never imagine myself doing anything else.

Looking at the calamity my father has brought on himself, I can't look on with the same eyes. Unlike with mother, I know his name.

If I know their names I won't just watch them die. I won't be a bad child. I will like them and cry like all the adults said I'm supposed to.

Demon child, they called me as they chased me and father out of the mansion.

If I don't do this what will the other villagers think?

They'll chase me out again, won't they.
.
.
.
I yelled, kicked, and screamed... no tears ever came out.

I stopped struggling when I registered the pain on my wrists. They finally let me go,  and I took the time to see. their faces. The chef, Keish, and a neighbor, Limma. They started talking and looked back at me a couple of times. I assume they think I'll start running again. So I said I wouldn't.

Apparently that's something that evoked Limma's hugging nature. She smelled like those flowers that she gave father. But father always burned them. I hugged her back.

I'm sorry. Thank you.

I wasn't just apologizing for rejecting her help. I'm sure if she didn't I would've died. If I did die I wouldn't have to face all these nice people. I wouldn't have to be walking on eggshells thinking about how I seem to them. As a kid who's sad since his father just died? No way. Who says I'm sad? The only person that knows about mother is dead.

I've met everyone in this village and every single one of them I've always thought I could live without. Maybe I could make them think about me like that as well. I'll be gone in the morning. Father never kept the money in the house, as if someone was going to go in except me and him.

When Limma let go of me, she told me to go play and not worry about my father. But I'd already forgotten about that old man. Walking through the people that retreated to the outer edge of the town, I saw many crying. Many whose families I knew. I didn't care.

They seemed so weak, it made me sick.

The kids that I played with earlier were quite the bullies. Where's that tough face now? Is it dead along with your mommy? As if that matters, those each of fools' brains died the moment their father's became 100% pure hunter. Their children were convinced that they were already hunters themselves. They weren't, but I was. The moment father said he'd only be cooking and not hunting, I was put through hell.

To survive.

Perhaps he already knew he'd die and I wouldn't be in the right mindset. It's not nonsense to think so... he was thoroughly prepared when mother died. At least from what I remember, the money that I'm heading for now was from my mother's room. Limma's eyes followed me and only left once I sat next to kid from the church.

We merely looked at each other. He was taller than me and obviously saw the bruises on my wrist forming. He knew healing magic for sure, but he had so little aptitude that the church didn't put any importance on him. But I thought they'd at least tell him enough so that he knew that healing magic shouldn't be used on something as insignificant as a bruise!

I looked incredulously at him when a little white circle formed on top of the bruise.

*>*>*>*>*>*>*<

A

/N: tis been awhile hope you actually like this though... I can draw something to leik make it up to ya'll? Idk.

Just, if you want I'll made some little extras that look like event pictures from those otome games.