I Think I'm Falling In Love With You

Beca's POV

After the incident the previous day, I felt extremely awkward seeing Miss Beale. I mean, I don't normally talk to Teachers like that. Or help them.

I guess Stacie helped too. But I mean, she is applying for medical school, she needs to help people. I don't. I bet Chloe thinks I'm super weird, she's probably straight. Like, the way she looks at Mr Walp? Tell me she's gay after you see that shit.

So as I walk to school under the early morning breeze, I can't help but dread first period. English.

"Alright, class. Today, we'll be focussing on Grammar. Let's start with a fairly simple practice paper and then move on to some harder exercises." Miss Beale said, already starting to hand out the blank question papers.

I sighed, I was sure to flunk the quiz.

Once the papers were out, Miss Beale called out, "Beca and Stacie? Can I meet you outside, please?"

I wondered curiously, looking at Stacie whose face was simply blank. We strolled across the aisle and towards the exit of the class, meeting the redhead who had already left.

"I just wanted to thank you guys on helping me yesterday. I know I gave you such a fright," the teacher apogised truthfully. "I usually have stomach pains so what happened was no surprise."

"Oh, well, I'm training to be a doctor so I guess I've got to get used to those. I should thank you for giving me experience." Stacie said, gratefully smiling at the redhead.

"Uh, I'm glad you're feeling alright, Chlo-Miss Beale, sorry." I stuttered as I felt heat come to my face, immediately feeling extremely irritated at my behaviour. Not badass enough.

"Thank you, Beca." She smiled. That smile instantly removed any feelings of nervousness and instead replaced them with warmth. Miss Beale was surely different. And I liked that. I really did. I smiled up at the elegant girl. She made me feel things I hadn't felt for a long time.

It was Thursday. Which meant extra classes with Miss Beale. It also meant detention, so for the rest of the day, Miss Beale would be in my presence.

"No phones, no talking, no passing of notes, no drawing, no writing and no irritating others." She sighed, taking her place at the teacher's table. "Got it, ma'am." We all chorused back, perfectly in sync. I plopped down onto my seat and took out a book from my bag, turning the page and starting to read. That hadn't been a rule had it?

Deciding I was bored enough i simply dragged my chair back as softly as I could before sauntering off to the teacher's table.

"Mis Beale?" I asked the teacher, patiently waiting for her to be done with her text conversation. With Mr Walp I supposed. "May I have a bathroom pass, please?"

"Oh, of course, Becs." She said, the short nickname quickly slipping from her mouth. I smirked, "What did you call me?" It was cute, but definitely not appropriate to be giving nicknames to your students.

"S-sorry, it's just, you call me Red..." She stuttered nervously. "I t-thought I'd give you a nickname as well!"

I chuckled. This woman was insanely cute. But... this woman was also my teacher. That was so messed up.

"Beca, I meant..." She amended, passing me a small slip. "Here."

"Thanks, Red." I smirked again. I could tell from the way her eyes lit up that she really liked the nickname.

When it came for the second session of tutoring time, I could tell Chloe was certainly less nervous. Simply waving hello to me and letting herself in. 

"Okay, rude. This ain't your house y'know." I scolded, wagging a finger in the redhead's sheepish face.

"Sorry." She blushed bright red. I smiled in amusement. She looked so fucking cute.

"Whatever, Red, lets go up to my room."

-

"Grammar. There's a surprise test next week on grammar." The redhead explained curtly.

"Am I the only one to know this?" I asked with a signature smirk printed on my face. Right upon registering my words, her eyes immediately widened and she rushed to answer, "No! It's just.." As a result of her failed excuse, I could tell she was guilty, and also embarrassed. "Yes." She admitted.

I gasped, feigning shock. "Isn't that illegal? Chloe!" 

She chuckled softly, "I'd risk anything for you."

Chloe's POV 

"I'd risk anything for you."

Okay, maybe a little too bold.

Okay, a lot too bold.

God, what am I even thinking? Flirting with a student?

A student. Of all people, Beca Mitchell just had to be my student.

I blushed.

"Not in an extremely bad situation but y'know-" my rambles we're cut of by Beca.

"Hey, I get it. I'd risk anything for you too." She smiled a genuine smile. Not a smirk. A smile.

I could swear I felt my heart skip a beat and light a fire within me. I actually felt like I was burning. "Aww, Thanks Beca." I smiled back at the petite young girl. My meaning actually had a lot more than friendship in it. I would actually risk my life just to be with the girl of my dreams.

"You're most welcome, Red."

And my heart actually jumped out of my chest. A feeling I had never felt since forever ago.

Beca Mitchell, I think I'm falling in love with you.