"But I'm ready, I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said," Five tried to persuade their father before standing up and appearing himself beside their father and Valerie who's sat in-between Allison and her dad, "see?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel," their father explains as Valerie stops eating and listens, "one is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

Five stands there in annoyance, "well I don't get it," he admits calmly.

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

Five's eyes look over Valerie who follows and sees Vanya also shaking her head, "I'm not afraid," Five continues to try and persuade his father into letting him time travel.

"Fear isn't the issue," their dad starts as he continues eating, "the effects it might have on your body, even on your mind are far too unpredictable."

"Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore," their dad demands as he turns to look at Five before going back to his breakfast.

Vanya and Valerie watch on in worry as Five stands there before quickly turning and leaving, "Number Five!" Their father screams out, "you haven't been excused!"

Valerie grips her fork as she watches Five make his way to the door, "come back here!" The blonde stands up and goes to follow her brother, "Void, sit back down this instant!"

Valerie debates whether or not to leave but knows Five has probably used his powers to another place in town so she slowly turns around and sits down, "now, let's finish eating, shall we?" Her father asks her only making her nod her head.

Her eyes flicker over to Vanya who gives her a weak assuring smile while Valerie begins to think the worst for Five and his anger.

"I SURVIVED ON SCRAPS: CANNED FOOD, COCKROACHES," Five explains making Valerie scrunch her nose at the 'cockroaches', "anything I could find."

"You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life?" Five asks his sisters only to get a nod in reply, "well it's total bullshit." He admits as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"I can't even imagine," Vanya speaks up softly as she looks at her now younger brother after years of not seeing him.

"You do whatever it takes to survive or you die," Five clarifies, "so we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."

"We?" Vanya questions while Valerie thinks of the same question.

Five doesn't reply to the question, "do you have anything stronger?" He asks as he lifts up the mug of coffee.

Vanya gets up and goes back over to the kitchen leaving the two siblings alone again.

"So you're just not gonna tell us who you've been stuck in the apocalypse with?" Valerie asks as she shrugs nonchalantly while looking to her brother.

Five sighs, "and you're not gonna tell me why you suddenly ended up on Diego's hate-list?"

Valerie scoffs softly as she shakes her head, "touché, little brother."