1.

"Blonde, redhead, black hair, blue eyes, green eyes, grey eyes, pale skin, curly hair . . . when is this going to stop!"

"Miss, please keep your voice down!"

Camila blushed and ducked her head, only to realize she was standing in the middle of a massive pile of romance novels.

Camila had read romance novels before. The good ones had an intelligent, well rounded heroine, and a gorgeous male with muscles, at least an eight inch cock, and a personality.

There was only one problem: in every book the heroine was always a blonde, or a redhead, or had dark hair and brightly colored eyes.

As someone living in a society where blondes had more fun, redheads were exotic, and dark hair and brown eyes were boring, she'd hoped that there would be at least one book in which someone as plain as she would have a chance at catching the gorgeous hunk of every fantasy.

Not that she was plain.

Camila had long legs, good cheekbones, small but decent breasts, a set of full lips and a nice ass.

Being a victim of a bad relationship, Camila hoped to find a fantasy to help her forget the combination of lousy sex, boring conversation, and emotional abuse that her association with Matthew Hussey, her deadbeat ex boyfriend, had been.

There she stood, in the middle of the nearest bookstore, hoping to find a romance novel that had someone like her in the story.

Someone with brown hair and brown eyes, who was too much of an egalitarian to put up with the "the man is always right" crap she found in so many historical romances.

She'd been in the store over an hour and had yet to find anything.

If it hadn't been for the anal retentive store clerk, she'd still be screaming in frustration.

Camila found the whole situation incredibly depressing.

As she bent to pick up the discarded books, Camila resigned herself to another night with a bag of candy bars. It was a dirty shame.

She was just putting the last romance novel on the shelf when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

The shock of it, the warmth of the hand combined with its strength had her stifling a shriek. Camila cursed herself and with a calming breath, she turned around.

The man before her, had Camila's eyes nearly popping from her head.

She looked down at the book in her hand and back up at the man. Standing in front of her. She was the spitting image of the guy on the cover.

Camila didn't know how to react, but as she was in an informal setting, she did what came naturally.

She bust out laughing.

"It's not that funny," the woman said with a cynical twist of her lips. The hair was a bit shorter, and she seemed taller, the shoulders broader, but there was no denying it. This man was stereotypical romantic fantasy.

"Oh yes it is," she said amidst peals of laughter.

"I did some modeling in college," she said wryly. "I didn't realize what the pictures were for. If anything, you should be embarrassed for wanting to read those books in the first place!"

Camila managed to calm down enough to look at her with her most businesslike stare. The woman had an air of arrogant derision that instantly put her off.

"I'm sorry, who are you, and what business is it of yours what my literary preferences are?"

"I'd hardly call that crap literature," the woman said dryly.