Edge Of The Cliff

A MUCH HAPPIER ENDING

I walk down the dirt path headed towards the cliffs. My bag was digging into my shoulders painfully after the walk here from the bus stop. I hold a massive bouquet of pink flowers. It's a bitch to carry but it'll all be worth it.

As I reach the top of the hill I see a figure at the edge of the cliff. They have their head in their hands as the visibly shudder from crying.

"Trixie?" I call out carefully as I get closer and he shakes his head in response.

"No. No way." He says before turning his head towards me. In a flash he's on his feet and running towards me hysterically crying. I drop my bag just before his body collides with mine. I lift him up spinning him in a circle.

I place him down gently and lean into his embrace. "It's okay." I whisper in his ear softly as he sobs into my neck. "I'm here."

Trixie pulls back and looks away from me. "They said you were dead Brian!" He yells, his hands fisted up against my chest. I sigh and wipe his tears away.

"They thought I was. I got hurt. But I'm okay. I'm here." I say as he looks back towards me and spots the flowers I'm holding. "I-I thought you'd like these." I mumble nervously bringing them up towards him.

Trixie grabs them softly before smiling widely. "I love them, do you need to sit down? You said you got hurt ohmygodareyouokay!?" He says quickly making me laugh a bit.

"Stop it you cutie. But sitting wouldn't do me much harm."

**magical time skip**

"So basically in the end we were missing presumed dead." I say finishing my story as we walk towards Trixies house when he stops walking. "What is it?"

"I want to run away with you." He states bluntly. I chuckle lightly before stoking his cheek with my hand.

"Maybe one day soon. I've got to find somewhere first okay. I'll send you a letter." I say before quickly looking around. Once I know the coast is clear I lean in and kiss him passionately.

He whimpers softly into the kiss before I have to force myself to start walking away. After a few seconds I turn back around to see him looking at me. "I love you." We call out in unison.