1:5

Again may be triggering for sexual abuse/violence victims and survivors. Be cautious!

His large hand gripped her thigh with bruising force as he drove.

"Aren't you excited to be home?"

"Yeah."

Tanner tried to shift away from his touch but that only made his hand go higher.

"Please stop."

"Stop acting like your mother. That worthless bitch was a pain in my ass."

Tanner knew she had to do something, she had to crash the car.

"Daddy?"

"Hm?"

The moment the man looked over at her she head butted him, making his head bounce off the window. Before he could react Tanner threw her body on to the steer wheel.

The car rolled over and over until stopping against a tree.

"Ma'am?"

"G-eet me outtt."

Her stutter was making her speech almost inaudible.

"He needs help."

"N-no chilll-ld molester.

The two men slowly pulled Tanner out of the car.

Everything was spinning as she felt the warmth of her own blood around her and the fading sirens.

"We need a chopper!"

The best days of her life flashed before her eyes as a weak smile appeared on her bloody face.

"D-ead?"

"I'm sorry, he is dead."

"G-oood, s-ick man."

"Tanner Sin?"

"Y-ah."

"We are life lining you to the nearest hospital."

Autumn got the call that Tanner was in critical condition from a car accident.

Danny was wrapped around Mac as she held Jasmine. Autumn paced back and forth in the waiting room waiting to hear literally anything.

"Wife of Tanner Sin?"

"Me! That's me."

"I don't know if you want your children to hear this yet."

"One second."

Autumn turned towards the kids and her parents before speaking.

"I'll stay with the kids."

"Thanks, mom. Dad I need you."

Autumn's dad held his daughter hand as the doctor shifted in his seat.

"Tanner is stabilizing which is wonderful, we have stitched up the cuts and casted the broken bones. However we are discovering that there is some brain injuries. This leads us to our next issue.... Tanner can not feel the left side of her body, this could be temporary, however."

"So you're saying she could be paralyzed on her left side."

"Not entirely she can move her limbs but the feeling isn't there. That's an effect of the brain trauma."

"I'm a nurse back in California don't sugar coat it. How bad are the trauma symptoms?"

"They aren't the worst I've seen. With therapies and time I think they'll fade but that just from what I can observe when she awake. She's temperamental, aggressive, she's asking for her girlfriend which I assume means some memory loss."

"But she's alive that's all that matters, we can remake those memories."

"Exactly! I think she'd be happy to see a familiar face and hopefully you can calm her down a little."

Autumn followed the doctor into a  dimly lit room where her wife laid.

"Tanner?"

"I-s me."

"Hey love."

"Gir-friend?"

"Wife, and mom of our two little girls."

"Jas and Dan-ny and Ma-c?"

"Yeah Mac is Danny's girlfriend."

"Fr-ee."

"Yeah, you're free baby, we all are. You did it again, you kept everyone safe no matter what."

Autumn gently kissed Tanner forehead as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Te-aars?"

The shaky tattooed hand pressed against Autumn's cheeks attempting to wipe away the droplets.

"Only happy tears. I thought I lost you."

"Code b-black."

"Yeah, code black. I love you, so god damn much."

"Love 'n' n-e-need you."

Autumn noticed Tanner's black wedding band in a plastic baggy, it was covered in blood. She took it over to the sink as rubbed the blood off watching the water stain red.

"Do you want to put your ring back on?"

"My po-ps?"

"Yeah, our wedding rings are your Pops and Nanas."

"N-aked."

The tattooed fingers shook as Autumn slipped the ring back on to cover the untanned skin.

"You n-aked, bb-aby?"

"Tanner Sin you just almost died and you're already trying to get me into bed with you."

Tanner smiled at her wife before barley shrugging her shoulders.