1:3

"Yeah just have some of the crew move the shipment to warehouse 5 before sundown. The packers will be in after midnight to start and will be done by sunrise."

Autumn rolled her eyes at the seventh phone call in the last hour. The tattooed girl glanced over at her annoyed family before ending the phone call.

"Only call if its an emergency, I mean it."

They were at lunch with Autumn's parents after Tanner promised Jasmine that no one would hurt her here.

"Momma?"

"Yes, love?"

"That guy is staring at us."

Tanner subtly shifted her attention to the familiar man who sat in the corner booth.

She pressed her face close to Autumn's ear so no one else would hear.

"Theo is here, corner booth 9 o'clock."

"Why is he here?"

"He heard the old President of the Minnesota chapter was in town."

"He knows about about our girls now."

"I'll kill the bastard before he touches a hair on anyone of my girl's bodies."

"He's coming over here."

Tanner met the man halfway from the table before pushing him back into his seat.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just came to meet my grandchildren and take my honey home."

"I'll kill you where you stand."

"I don't think your kids would want to see you in prison."

"They'd understand."

Tanner has her pistol against her thigh ready to protect her family.

"I suggest you get the fuck out of here."

"You've gone soft with your dress clothes and your little family. You need to toughen your girls up."

"Like you toughened me up, you ruined my life."

"I made you how you are, Tanner."

"Exactly you ruined me. I would never lay a hand on my girls the way you did. Now get the fuck out of here before I blow your knee cap out."

The tattooed girl pressed the pistol against his knee under the table. She slowly lead the man outside concealing her pistol between them.

"Leave my family alone, that's your only warning."

"I'll be back for you."

Tanner watched as the man drove out of sight before walking back in.

"Are you okay?"

"Just angry."

Autumn leaned in and pressed a kiss under Tanner's ear before dropping her voice to a whisper.

"We will get rid of your anger later."

The delicate fingers locked with her wife's before giving her a gentle squeeze.

"He's not going to ruin the only good thing I have."

"We won't let him."

Autumn laid naked beside her wife who ran her fingers through the long hair.

"You know what he said to me?"

"You don't-"

"He told me I need to toughen up my girls like he did with me........ he basically told me to physically and sexual abuse my daughters. Who the fuck does that?"

"Sick people."

"I fucking love them so much."

"Hey Tanner, look at me."

Autumn gently gripped Tanner's chin pulling their faces closer. The tattoos girl watery eyes made her heart hurt.

"I'm not him, I will never be him."

"I know. You are so much better then him, so much better. You would do anything for our family and that's what a great parent does. You keep us safe, you make sure everyone is taken care of. You'd never hurt us, I know that. Everyone knows that."

"I'm sorry."

Autumn pulled her crying wife into her bare chest trying to calm her down.

"Love, everything is okay."