9

Jaden Morales

The dread head boy sat calmly on my bed, slightly slouching while he looked everywhere but my eyes.

As the silence went longer, I grew angrier as I thought of the past events that happened with us.

"Where's your parents?" Was the first thing he said to me.

"Sleeping." I responded. And with that, he pulled out half a blunt and a lighter and started to smoke. I rolled my eyes grabbing the towel I kept in my room for stuff like this. I stuffed it at the bottom of my door then cracked my window open.

"Look, what is it? Because I was on the phone with someone." I sassed. He cracked a smile then let out a deep chuckle.

"Excuse me for interrupting your little conversation with your boyfriend."

"Not my boyfriend."

"Yeah, I don't give a fuck what he is. I'm over this dumbass situation and I'm about to drop it. Are you?"

"Gladly."

"Alright." He stood up and reached for the window.

"Are you seriously about to leave?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah..?"

"Why?"

"Because I said what I had to say. I don't have anything, unless you do."

"I hate the way you handle things, Jah."

"I don't see what the big problem is. What you want me to do, apologize?"

"Yes?" He started to laugh again.

"Nah, if anyone should apologize you should. Fuck you mean."

"You must wanna argue."

"No, of course I don't want to argue with you Jaden. But at the time, knowing that you and Trippie are fucking around made me feel like shit."

Though his tone was harsh and aggressive, I knew he was getting vulnerable. I didn't want to be mad and drag it on or push it aside. So instead of fighting back, I got up and walked over to the bed and sat down by him.

"Jaden, I wasn't only thinking of just me. I was thinking about you. I don't like it because I know he's using you to get at me."

"I don't understand."

"Look. He will hurt you. I know that for a fact. I don't want him inflicting pain on you in any way, shape or form. That's why I reacted the way I did, my anger wasn't mostly towards you, partly, but it was really towards him because he went that low enough to try and include the person who matters most to me in a situation involving me and him."

It was silent for a second before he went on. "I shouldn't have came at you the way I did at first. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"Is that an apology I hear?" I teased. He rolled his eyes at me. "I'm sorry too. I knew you hated him but I went out with him anyway. But I was just mad."

"And jealous."

"Never."

"Just admit it. You want all my attention and you're upset because you think Geneva will come and take me away from you."

"You are so egocentric." I shook my head.

"You're always my number one, Jay."

I smiled at him as he shoved my shoulder. My smile faded as I got serious again.

"Jah."

"Wassup."

"I never had sex with him."