ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ (ᴘᴛ 3)

Start from the beginning

"You sly dogs," Dean says, turning back to Sam. "All right, so if we're dealing with a woman in white, Dad would have found the corpse and destroyed it."

"She might have another weakness."

"Well, Dad would want to make sure," Dean crosses to Sam.

"He'd dig her up. Does it say where she's buried?" Y/N asks.

"No, not that I can tell. If I were Dad, though, I'd go ask her husband." Sam taps the picture of Joseph Welch. The caption says he's thirty; the article dates to 1981, so he must be sixty-four. "If he's still alive..." Sam goes to look at something else. Dean looks at the picture below the Herald article of a woman in a white dress.

"All right. Why don't you two, uh, see if you can find an address? I'm going to get cleaned up." Dean starts to walk away. Sam turns.

"Hey, Dean?" Dean stops and turns back. "What I said earlier about Mom and Dad. I'm sorry." Dean holds up a hand.

"No chick-flick moments!" Sam laughs and nods.

"All right. Jerk."

"Bitch" Sam laughs again. Dean disappears, presumably into the bathroom.

"I'm going to break into the next door's bathroom. Dean's going to take hours. If he annoys you, just tell me, and I'll sort him out." Y/N heads out the door, closing it behind her.

Sam notices something, his smile disappearing, and crosses over for a closer look. A rosary hangs in front of a large mirror, and stuck into the mirror frame is a photo of John sitting on the hood of the Impala, next to a boy in a baseball cap who is presumably Dean, a girl next to Dean with a baseball glove on who is presumably Y/N, and a younger boy, presumably Sam, on John's lap. Sam takes the photo off the mirror and holds it, smiling sadly.

==

Sam paces, holding his phone, and sits down on the bed with a now-clean Y/N beside her, reading one of the journals they had found on the desk. A voicemail message is playing.

"Hey, it's me. It's about ten-twenty Saturday night." Dean, who is also clean, comes out of the bathroom and grabs his jacket. He shrugs it off on one shoulder as he crosses the room.

"Throw me the keys." Y/N, without looking, takes the keys out of her jacket and throws them at Dean, who catches them. "I'm starving; I'm going to grab a little something to eat in that diner down the street. Do you want anything?

"No," Sam says.

"Yeah, just some chips and a milkshake," Y/N says, and Dean nods, turning to look at Sam.

"Aframian's buying," Sam says, shaking his head.

"Mm-mm"

==

Dean leaves the motel room. He gets the jacket the rest of the way on as he crosses the lot. He looks over and sees a police car, where the motel clerk is talking to Deputy Jaffe and Deputy Hein. The clerk points at Dean, who turns away and pulls out his cell phone. Sam is still sitting on the bed, still listening to the message, and Y/N is sitting cross-legged, still reading the journal.

"So, come home soon, okay? I love you." Y/N's phone then beeps in the pocket of her jeans. She takes it out and answers it.

"Yes? Hello?" Outside, the deputies are approaching Dean.

"Dude, five-oh, take off." Y/N stands up, followed by Sam.

"What about you?"

"Uh, they kind of spotted me. Go find Dad." Dean hangs up the phone as the deputies approach. He turns and grins at them. "Problem, officers?"