epilogue

Timmy sat behind Ella. They had both been assigned to the isle seat because they were both in that building for a purpose. The anticipation was relentless.

Every five minutes, he would lean forward and whisper something in her ear or play with her hair; she would wait for it because it calmed her down.

There were many people that they knew there, friends and people they had seen amongst their work crowd; it was the biggest night of the season.

As the night was reaching its climax, Ella noticed Timmy had stopped playing with her hair so she turned around. He was nervous, she winked at him and he grinned.

"And the Oscar goes to..."

They both held their breath.

"Timothée Chalamet!" The voice boomed. Ella's heart soared whereas Timothée's had clawed its way to his throat.

He stood up, as did the whole room. Ella stood up to clap him and he couldn't help himself, he kissed her so hard she almost fell over. He jogged his way up to the stage, waiting for him was a shiny metal man that held so much power.

"Congratulations. You are the youngest best actor winner for 80 years." The actor presenting said to him.

"Thank you." He breathed, not being able to take his eyes off the award.

He stared out into the crowd and saw so many smiling faces. He knew he only had a limited amount of time and he promised himself he would do something if he won.

"Um, thank you so much. I'd like to thank the academy, my mom, Felix, Steve, Armie, Luca, Brian, Pauline and lastly Ella. Ella, I really didn't think I was going to win and you knew that so I made a promise to myself if I did. I thought that if I was given this award, I must've done something right. You told me to take this movie, you explained its importance to me and you educated me on it. Ella, I believe that everything right in my life is you. Which is why..." he paused and fiddled around in his pockets before pulling out a box. The whole crowd gasped. "I know this is a bit dramatic but we're all actors here; I think we can appreciate it a bit." He opened the box to reveal a huge diamond ring. "Ella, will you marry me?" He asked.

The camera panned to Ella who was sat in her chair in tears while the people around her awaited her answer.

"Yes!" She yelled. The music started playing to signal that Timothée needed to get off the stage.

"Thanks everyone!" He waved his award in the air and ran off stage into the crowd, even though he was supposed to go off back stage. He ran to Ella and kissed her hard, slipping the ring on her finger before being escorted backstage where all the winners needed to go.

Ella started to hyperventilate in her seat. She had just been proposed to on national television. Everyone around her was congratulating her while she tried to keep herself together.

Timmy couldn't stop smiling, even as the man was telling him what he needed to do and where he needed to put his award and such.

"...oh and congratulations man." He ended. Timmy grinned.

"Ah, thanks."