30. interupted lexie time

Ella laid down on her sofa with a bag of doritos while Lexie walked around her singing an annoying song. She had just got back from the aiport where she had to say goodbye to Timmy. It was easier knowing what they had two weeks and then they wouldn't have to say goodbye for a month.

"Lexie please stop" she complained as Lexie started her third rendition of the annoying song she was singing.

"I don't like you when he leaves" Lexie pouted, she was just happy which Ella couldn't stand when she wasn't.

"Yeah because I'm miserable" she threw a Dorito at her which Lexie caught with one hand and put in her mouth.

"Suck it up, chances are you're going to be apart more than you are together" Lexie knew she was being harsh but Ella had to be told. She couldn't lay around being miserable every time Timmy left, she'd be happy like once a month. Ella knew this.

"Lexie, let me miss him" Ella moaned and put three doritos into her mouth. Lexie stopped walking around and sat on the other end of the sofa. She picked up Ella's foot and started to rub it.

"I love you Elle, I want you to be happy and I know you are with him. Don't let it change your whole life though." Ella mimed giving her a kiss from across the sofa.

"I love you lex" Ella grinned, appreciating how lovely her best friend was. They both watched the tv for a while while Lexie gave her a foot rub and Ella attempted to give her one but it wasn't that good. "Who was that guy you went out with a couple nights ago?" Ella remembered the date that shocked her and Timmy.

"Some guy I met on tinder" she shrugged, the date had ended happily in some terms but she wasn't sure it was true love.

"You don't use tinder" Ella was extremely confused as to why Lexie was being so cryptic about it.

"Well that night I did" she stared at the tv while Ella stared at her. Ella didn't understand why she wasn't telling her about the date. Lexie rarely went on dates but when she did she would always tell Ella about them.

"So? How did it go?" Ella pushed her to tell her. She wanted to know about the date, she usually got to know about her date but now Lexie was being all secretive.

"It was fine, he was fine" Lexie shrugged, Ella wasn't afraid to kick her but Lexie didn't understand why. "Hey!"

"Why are you being so pissy? Tell me how your date was" Ella sat up, thinking her best friend was upset or angry with her.

"I think you've fucked up my outlook on romance" Lexie smiled at her but Ella thought she was insulting her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She let go of her foot.

"You and Timmy are so happy, that's all i'm going to be looking for now" She shrugged, Ella was beyond confused about what Lexie was talking about.

"So this guy didn't make you feel like you were on cloud nine? Maybe give him another chance" Ella suggested but Lexie knew she wouldn't understand. 'Hey, what about Matt?" Ella remembered the coachella days and how well they had got on. Lexie certainly looked on cloud nine when she was with him.

"I couldn't do long distance unless i felt like i needed to. Like how you feel with Timmy" Ella nodded but then frowned.

"Don't compare relationships. Come for a weekend in New York and give Matt a try, Timmy seems convinced that he likes you." Ella poked her with her foot.

"I don't even know Matt, i spent a drunk weekend with him in a big group of people that's hardly love" Lexie dismissed it as Ella suspected.

"He's a nice guy" Ella backed Matt even though she didn't know him that well. Timmy trusted him and that was good enough.