Chapter 17: Rescue

Selene sets the laptop in Steve's lap the second he sits in the car, he frowns and looks to her as she starts the car.

"What's this?"

"Bucky's location" she tells him, Steve looks to her sharply from the computer. "It's hard to explain but I just know that's where he is" She looks back at Natasha in the back. "And if we don't go now, we loose the element of surprise...."

"Well....let's go then" Natasha tells her back, Selene peels out of the parking space.

....................

Bucky wakes groggy, a numb tingling in his shoulder at the join, he reaches for it with his flesh hand only to find his movements restricted, he turns his head to glare at the cuffs attaching him to the wall.

"What?" he tugs on the restraint. He turns and listens to approaching footsteps, heavy, quick, frustrated. Bucky sniffs the air and confirms it, they're all nervous.

"How the hell did she find us?" Marius screeches outside of Bucky's cell, he smirks to himself, and then chuckles, Marius moves to the cell and growls, Bucky growls back. "I don't know how you did it....but I know you did" he turns to the nearest man to him. "Sedate him and get him ready for transport"

"Yes, Sir" Bucky kicks against the bars with a growl.

"I'll kill you" he tells them. Marius smirks.

"I've been doing this a lot longer than you, pup" he spits the term at Bucky. "Now do be a good boy" he turns and walks away, Bucky growls.

..................

Selene tears the jaw from a lycan as Natasha shoots one in the face.

"Which way?" Steve asks, Selene lifts her head, closes her eyes and sniffs. Too many Lycans but he's there she can smell him. She opens her eyes.

"Bucky" she states knowing he can hear her. "Bucky!" she shouts a little louder. A growl comes from two levels down and smiles.

"Selene" she chuckles and looks to Steve.

"Two floors down..." Steve frowns. "He's listening to us"

"He can hear us?" Steve asks.

"Werewolf hearing" Selene tells him. "Come on...he's waiting"

.....................

Bucky looks up as light footsteps approach, his breathing increases as he smells her....her, Selene, she's close, right there, his eyes meet her blue ones and he lunges forward.

"Selene!" he shouts, desperate, his arm catching with the cuffs, he grunts falling back.

"It's okay" she whispers, he looks to her as she approaches the cell door.

"Selene" he breathes. She wraps her fingers around the cell door and rips is away with little effort, she throws it aside and strides into the cell, Bucky watches as she crouches in front of him, his eyes watching her, now he can see her, really see her. Can really see how beautiful she is. He lunges up and kisses her. Selene gasps before she kisses him back, threading her fingers into his hair. An electrical current seemingly passing through them both, she pulls back first, Bucky looks to her, she sets her forehead against his. He closes his eyes and breathes, smells, takes her in. "They...they bit me" he whispers, she nods.

"I know...." she reaches up and brushes his hair back, he nuzzles into her wrist, scenting her. she grabs the cuffs and yanks tearing them from the wall. "Come on" she whispers pulling him up as she stands, he rests against her side.

"Selene..." she looks to him. "Thanks...for coming for me" she smiles a little and nods.

"Yeah, thank me when we get you out of here and back home" he nods and she helps him leave the cell. Steve runs around the corner and sees Selene with Bucky, he relaxes and moves to Bucky's other side, looks over his new arm.

"Oh my God, Bucky" Selene and Bucky look to the arm.

"They said my other one was incompatible" Bucky grumbles. Steve lifts the metal arm and Bucky groans as it pulls on his shoulder.

"Sorry" Steve tells him.

"Steve" Bucky whimpers.

"I know" Steve tells him. "We'll get through this..." Bucky nods and sets his head on Selene's shoulder. Natasha appears at the end of the corridor.

"Let's go" she tells them.

...................

"Malen'kiy pauk" Selene calls to Natasha, who turns back. "Come here...take over" Natasha frowns but does as she is told, Bucky looks to Selene as she steps away and checks her guns.

"Selene?" he asks.

"I'm going after Marius" she tells him. "I'll meet you back at the facility" she looks to Steve who nods.

"No" Bucky growls. "No, forget Marius...." he begs. "He's going to kill you"

"I'll be fine...."

"No, Selene, please" Bucky begs. "Please....we can go after him together....just please" he sighs and looks to her, she hangs her head and looks to him. "Not alone"

"He's right" Steve offers. "Better to go after him together....as a team..." Selene sighs and looks to Natasha who nods, Selene slots her guns away, Bucky relaxes. Selene moves back to his side and takes his arm again, he looks to her softly.

"Thank you" she nods and sighs.

"Come on"