Chapter Thirteen - Leave

Makayla's POV 

I awoke and I couldn't be happier. A beautiful boy who had saved me had wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in to him. I haven't felt happy in a long time, and already within a few days this boy manages to break that cycle.

"Good morning, May." His sweet voice hummed.

"Morning, Luke." He nuzzled his head into my neck.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Thank you. For letting me save you. Cuddle you. Protect you. That's all I want to do, May. Be with you and give you everything. I, I love you." I blushed.

"Luke..."

"I know it's creepy but-" I cut him off by smashing my lips onto his. 

"I love you too, Luke." His smile lit up the room, and he kissed me again.

"Hey May it's time to get- oh!" Michael had walked in on us, and now he stood there petrified. Uh-oh. His face suddenly burned red with anger, and he charged at Luke. Michael lifted him up and threw him across the room. "Get away from my sister!" He yelled.

"Michael, calm down." I said, trying to pull him off. He pushed me away, and went in for Luke again. This time he punched his nose and jaw, and he would've kept going if I hadn't pulled him off of Luke.

"Michael! Stop!" Luke didn't do anything. He didn't fight, didn't yell, he just rolled with the punches. "Calm down." 

"No, May! He fuckn' took advantage of you!"

"Michael all we did was kiss!"

"Get out of this house. Now." Michael commanded. Luke looked at me and then left.

"Michael Gordon Clifford! What was that?! Luke didn't 'take advantage of me'! I love him!"

"I don't care! He's not allowed to date you, or even touch you anymore."

"Why do you care?! Not like you did before!"

"May I'm trying! I really am! You deserve better than Luke. He doesn't exactly have the best track record!"

"Michael you don't get it! I finally found someone who's loved me ever since we met, and has never done anything to me! Why can't you see that?!"

"Makayla Clifford. You are not allowed to ever see that boy again, understand? I will personally put him in his grave if you do." With that he stormed out. 

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I collapsed onto my un-made bed. I get that Michael's trying to be protective of me and I appreciate that, but Luke wouldn't do anything bad. He's not like Sam or Jake. He should know that. And what does me mean: "Luke doesn't have the best track record"? 

More importantly, why didn't Luke fight back? He had plenty of opportunities to do so. I just wish that everything was okay. I heard a knock at the door. 

I waited a few minutes to see if Michael would get it. Nothing. Another knock brought me down stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, in seconds I was at the door and swinging it open to reveal a dreaded sight. Sam and Jake Good there with evil smirks plastered on their faces.

They seized me and covered my mouth with their hands, pinning mine behind my back. I raised my foot and brought it down and behind me quickly, coming in contact with one of their crotches. Sam, who was the one I hit, yelled out in pain doubled over.

"MICHAEL!!" I yelled. I tried to bolt up the stairs but Jake caught me. He twisted me around to face Sam and he punched me in the nose.

"Oi!" Sam whipped around to see Luke charging at him. He punched Sam in the jaw and then again, knocking him to the ground. Jake released me. Michale came downstairs just in time to see Jake helping Sam scurry away, and Luke holding me tightly.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her!" Michael yelled.

"He just saved me!"

"I couldn't care less what he did for you, I told him to never see you again!"

"Michael, mate, please." Luke begged.

"No! Now leave! I never want to see you again." Luke tried to leave but I held his arm in protest.

"Michael, Luke isn't going anywhere. He's staying here with me." Without another word I marched upstairs with Luke.