♟My Own Demon♟

Start from the beginning

♞♘♞♘
We arrived at the mill half passed 2, the sun warmed the air and so I left my shawl in the carraige. Checking the belt around my waist, the sword was a lighter one that Lizzie had given me. Good, it was there, the leather sheath brushed just above my knee. I rubbed my wrist, feeling my blade in the handkerchief.
Ciel took the lead, he walked cautiously, but unafraid. I could sence his confidence and somehow, it made me proud. He paused in front of the mill, staring up at the empty windows. He seemed to be searching for signs of life. Just cob webs and birds nests lined every frame. I saw something in the corner of my eye but my voice wouldn't come past enough.
"YOUNG MASTER!" Sebastian tackled Ciel to the ground just in time as another black clad butler soared down at them from the highest window. Dust flew up around them and I drew my sword, scanning the skies and yard for the attacker.
Slowly the dust settled and Sebastians got to his knees. Ciel was coughing and weezing his complaints.
"Young master, are you alright?" asked Sebastian. Ciel smacked him.
"I was fine Sebastian!" he said, standing to his feet and aiming his gun toward the attacker, who was stalking up slowly. I took in his features as he smoothed a white gloved hand through his black, yet slightly purple hair.
"We meet again Sebastian." he said, adjusting a set of spectacles onthe bridge of his nose. Sebastian stood and brushed the dust from his suit pants.
"You aren't welcome in London, Claude." said Sebastian, stepping forward. I sidled over to the side of the mill, where I could see them through lose boards in the walls and crackled windows. I peaked inside the mill where it looked dusty, rats long gone after taking the flower and other items.
"This isn't in London, now is it?" Claude asked.
"Enough, both of you. Where are the children?" Ciel piped in. I hesitated at a side door before pushing it opened. It grated slightly on the stone floor and I froze, seeing Claude's pale yellow eyes glance at the mill. He seemed to brush it off and looked back at Ciel and Sebastian, shifting his posture.
"The children? You think I cared? I killed them on this spot. I just needed a place to lure your soul." Claude said, his voice filled with amusement. I shifted a box to block the veiw of the stairs.
He's bluffing. He just said that to make Ciel angry and Sebastian uptight.
I slowly made my way down the narrow stairs. It was dark and I stifled a cough, holding my sword in front of me to guard myself from any backup Claude may or may not have had. I could hear something near me. A child? Perhaps, but I had to keep my guard up.
I saw a light in what felt like a forever amount of space away from me where I stood at the bottom of the staircase. I could still hear the conversation in front of the mill.
"I suggest you get your master out of here before I do." threatend Claude. I heard a gunshot and it made me jump farther into the darkness of the room. The sound of the door shutting behind me made me stiffen. The lighting of a match made my nose twitch and I was afraid to turn around.
"Well, well, well...." a female voice came and I felt, rather than heard her breathing on the back of my neck.
"Stop that!" I said, turning quickly. She was tall, light violet hair, dark turquoise eyes and a maid outfit...all purples and shades of grey and black. She smirked at me. Even her thick lipstick was dark purple, and shiny in the match light.
"I am Hannah Annafellows. You may or may not have heard of me." she said, leaning close to my face. My breath caught in my lungs. I was afraid to say yes, because I knew that was a lie. I was afraid to say no, because she might say "then let me show you" and kill me, so I stayed completely still.
"Don't be shy." she said, placing the match inside her mouth, her lustful looking smirk closing around the flame. I whimpered and felt her breath near my ear "I don't bite." her eyes glowed turquoise. I saw a demonic star on her eye and I gulped down my fear to speak.
"You are a demon?" I said, but my voice came out as if I was questioning her rather than making a statement.
"But of course. Unlike Ciel's human backup at his mansion, Claude is wise enough to bring his own demon."
"His demon? So he owns you?" I asked, trying to wil myself to be brave. A sound of distaste came from her and she shifted her feet.
"I am my own demon. Why? Would you like a contract?" she said the last sentence in almost a purr. I tried to step back but ran into a wall or a crate.
"N-no!" I stammered. I stayed still, watching her turquoise eyes blink and narrow. I heard footsteps on the stairs and the door pushed open. It was Ciel.
"RUN!" I yelled and Hannah's hand quickly went to my throat. I gagged.
"Oh, it's you again....Hannah..." my cousin slowly stepped forward, his gun pointed toward her. She quickly held me in front of her.
"Why Lord Phantomhive....we meet again, and I see that it isn't on friendly terms..." she said. Ciel's face revieled how put off he felt.
"For one you have kidnapped a bunch of innocent children." said Ciel, "and number 2, you have my cousin...."
"M'lady!" Sebastian came into the mill and saw me in a choke hold by Hannah. I wasn't being held as tight now but still the pressure on my neck cause quite a bit of discomfort.
"Seb.....Sebas....tian...." I gasped for him. His eyes were glowing red will anger but Ciel held out a hand to keep him from coming to me. Hannah snickered.
"And you, Sebastian....we had fun when we were together now didn't we?" she asked. I squirmed slightly. Sebastian tightened his fists.
"Not the point, you wench of the devil." he replied. I closed my eyes to block out the pain as Hannah dug her fingernails into my throat. Sebastian reached for a knife in his vest pocket but Ciel shook his head.
"Oh look, even you aren't your own demon. Handsome, I got news for you, you are missing out on sweet freedom." Hannah crooned, running her tongue along my cheek. I elbowed her in the stomach even though I knew it was no use.
"I also have news for you Miss Annafellows. I am not a slave to Claude either." said Sebastian. Hannah flinched and pulled out a daggar.
"I'm not afraid to kill her." she said. I whined in fear.
"Please....Ciel...." I begged my cousin to let Sebastian go. But I wondered where Claude was. Was he lurking outside? And if Ciel let Sebastian go, would Claude come up from behind and take my cousin? My own thoughts scared me and I squirmed again.
"Where are the children?" asked Ciel. Hannah nodded to a dark corner of the mill. Ciel advanced toward it. Sebastian lit a lantern and shown it over to the corner. There, in a cage were about a dozen or so children, all huddled up to the bars, reaching through and gasping for help. Tears sprung to my eyes and I tried to swallow.
"Take me instead. " I whispered, "Take the children, set them free." I gasped, glancing back at Hannah, whose face was next to mine.
"Not the worst idea I have heard today." she whispered in my ear, then whistled loudly. I recoiled against the piercing sound, but a shadow in the doorway made me look back up. Claude was smirking, the glare from the lantern on his glasses.
"I will take the wench in payment for the children. I could care less for them." said Claude, running his hand through his hair. Sebastian shook his head but Ciel's answer was both reluctant yet firm.
"It is a deal." he said.Hannah rushed me deeper into the mill. I turned to look back at Sebastian. His eyes longed to free me. But he knew he couldn't....