24 - Never been better

A/N examples on how their marks look like. 

Dippers mark

Dippers mark

Bills mark

--------------

Groaning Mabel plopped down the couch. She had spied on that hut for a week now, and nothing interesting had happened. They just woke up, ate and cuddled and discussed in hushed whispers, as if someone could hear them if they talked to loudly. Well, Mabel could, but they didn't know that. There was one day where she caught them running the forest chasing each other, or was it just the blonde one that was chasing. Anyways. They had not gotten outside for a whole day afterwards. They were just in their bedroom, which room she did not have access to, since the window was too high of the ground, and she didn't bother with a ladder. Plus, she probably didn't want to know what was happening in there.

Huffing she looked up the clock. Two minutes. It had gone two minutes since the last time she checked that insufferable piece of metal ticking away on the top of a bookshelf. She dragged her hands over her face. At this time, she was supposed to be at school, but who cared if she skipped. It wasn't as if skipping school once or twice, once a week, maybe regularly, was going to affect her carrier in the future. Why did she have to go to school anyways, a fashion designer didn't need to know how to write a text about the history of Gravity Falls, or need to find the x in an equation. When Dipper got back, she was positively certain it was him, she was going to ask him kindly(*cough*manipulate*cough*) to help her. Maybe she could show him what she thought of his disappearing act. She had been held back a grade, so it was still a year till she was a senior, even though at seventeen it should be this year. When Dipper disappeared, she didn't have anyone to stea- I mean to learn from.

She was going to make Dipper pay, like when they were kids. If Dipper didn't help her get at lest a B on her tests or homework, she would blame him and make him pay. It varied in punishment. Sometimes she would lock him in the little cupboard underneath the stairs (*gasp**whispers* Harry Potter?), giving him claustrophobia, making him skip meals, sometimes starving him. No one caught on. Dipper knew that telling them wouldn't help himself. They wouldn't believe him. He knows this, because he tried. They didn't believe him, Mabel is an angel, they would say, wouldn't think of doing something like this. That's some of Dippers reasons for taking that deal, not that Mabel needs to know that.

Mabel gritted her teeth and made her way over to the vending machine, she needed to talk with Ford and make plans.

*

Dipper looked at himself in the mirror, smiling. He had regained almost all of his body weight from before the coma, in addition some muscle mass, which he had gained from Bills insistence on physical activity. Just below his collarbone on his heart side, sat the mark. He loved it. He couldn't stop staring at it fondly and trace the lines. He belonged somewhere where he was loved and wanted. That was something he had longed for, to feel. Sighing, Dipper put his shirt back on and made his way over to Bill in the living room.

Bill looked up when he heard footsteps. Dipper walked in with an emotion on his face that Bill couldn't quite decipher. "You alright Pinetree," Bill asked with obvious concern. Dipper snapped out of his mini trance and met Bills eyes. "Never been better."