Boots

When Kirishima finally woke up, it was nearly noon. He was warm and strangely peaceful and it wasn't until he opened his eyes that he knew why.
Bakugou was still with him, watching him sleep with a bored expression on his face. He held onto Kirishima's arm, looking at the grenade tattoo with so much focus.
"I used to be really into Green Day."
"oh?" Kirishima blinked, brain not booted up yet.
"I used to draw grenades on everything because of it."
"I wondered what the grenade was all about." Kirishima smiled. "Last night was great...by the way. You must do that a lot."
"Well...not really." Bakugou looked away. His cheeks were tinted a light pink. "That was my first time."
Kirishima thought back to the night before, to Bakugou's body pressed against his, how every jerk of his hips made Kirishima's bones melt like butter. He couldn't believe that Bakugou had no experience.
"So...you saved yourself?"
"Nah. Everybody else does. People don't like going around sleeping with anybody other than their soul mate. You're the only one willing to sleep with me."
"Because we ARE soulmates."
Bakugou swallowed. "Yeah. I guess."
"You know...if you ever wanna do it again...I'll be here." Kirishima offered. "Cuz I know not a lot of other people would."
Bakugou shrugged. "I'm not looking for an ongoing thing. I don't care if it means I don't ever do this again."
Kirishima bit his lip, feeling tears sting his eyes. He had tried so hard to get Bakugou to stay, but he still didn't want to.
"Bakugou..." He swallowed, fear engulfing him. "I love you."
"No you don't."
"I do. I'm in love with you."
Bakugou pushed him away, sitting up. "You only feel that way because of the tattoos. If you didn't know we were soul mates, you never would have tried to get a second date."
"That's not true..."
But it was. He would have moved on with his life if he hadn't seen that tattoo that morning.
"I've got class in an hour. I should go." Bakugou got out of bed and picked his clothes up off the floor. Kirishima couldn't find the will to move, to stop him.
"I...I'm sorry I'm not what you wanted." He choked.
"It's not that, dumbass." Bakugou rolled his eyes.
"Yes it is. You even said it when we first met. I'm not your type."
"You're not."
"Then what is your type? I can become that."
"Don't be stupid. Changing won't make me like you back."
Kirishima's bottom lip quivered. "Please don't go."
"I have to. I've got class."
Bakugou changed back into his clothes, waving over his shoulder as he walked toward the door. Kirishima could feel tears dripping down his face, but he didn't wipe them away. Bakugou was leaving for good. He had no doubts now. He was going to be alone for the rest of his life now. All those things that normal couples did...he'd never get to do them.
"I told you not to get attached." Bakugou whispered as he stepped into the hall. "Falling in love with me will only destroy you."