Chapter 16

I'm listening to Blink 182 while writing this. Aye cx 

"So I'm dedicating this song to a special boy in my life. His name's Luke and he has this stupid ten foot tall quiff of golden hair that I somehow manage to love and this stupid black lip ring and these dumb sparkling blue eyes. But yeah, long story short, he's my boyfriend and like, I really really like him. I don't know how these stupid dedication things go but this is how I'm awkwardly going to do mine because Luke is staring at me right now and trying not to laugh so um, yeah. Here we go." Michael strums his signature guitar with obvious nerves and I could feel a deep blush on my cheeks at his words. This didn't seem real. He was dedicating a song to me. After so many months of just plain watching him, I could never imagine any of this. I couldn't imagine him dedicating a song to me or holding me in his arms or having the privilage of calling him my boyfriend.

I hide my face in my hands when Michael locks eyes with me, another blush flushing over my pale cheeks. It had been a day or two since I had told him all of my deepest secrets and yet, he treated me the same as he always did. I would catch him staring down at me with worry whenever I picked at my nearly healed cuts but whenever I did, he'd just pull me into a hug and tell me how much he really really like me. But did really really add up to love? The thought instantly frightens me. Love. I don't think I've truly been loved. 

Michael makes the last strum of his guitar a loud and dramatic one, causing a smile to flit onto my face and he walks over to me once it was finished, pressing a kiss to my lips. "People are staring," I whisper selfconsciously and Michael shrugs, pulling me closer. 

"So let them," He murmurs against my slightly swollen lips. 

"Hemmings, I didn't hire you so you could make out with your boyfriend. Get your tush back in here and tend to these customers!" My boss orders, shooing me back inside. I shoot Michael a sorry look and he smiles softly before picking his guitar back up and heading back to the fountain where he was ready to start another song. 

"You've got a boyfriend, Luke?" Cher asks with curiosity as she hands a customer back some change. 

"Um, yeah." I mutter, slightly uncomfortable under her gaze. 

"That's great. Who is he?" She asks once the line of customers had vanished. 

"This guy, Michael. He's the guy that does covers at that dormant fountain right outside the shop," I tell her. 

"The one who dyes his hair constantly?" She questions and I nod my head. "He's a looker, ah?" She questions and I hum in responce, a slithering tint of jealousy coursing through my veins at the brunette's words. "I saw your hickeys from before. He give you those?" I nod again, another blush on my cheeks and stare down at my Vans, jealousy fading away. She knew he marked me. She knew he was mine. 

"Hey Luke," Ashton smiles, coming up to the counter. 

"Hey Ash," I reply quietly, staring down at the granite counter. Michael or I hadn't told Ashton about my breakdown two nights ago and I honestly wasn't planning on it. He worried about me enough. I didn't need to stress him out any more. 

"So I broke up with Callie," He tells me after taking in the bone dry cafe. 

"You what?" I ask with instant surprise. He and his girlfriend of nine months have been on a slippery slope for a while since Callie had a history with insecent cheating. 

"She cheated on me again, Lukey so I broke it off," Ashton's voice cracks and his bottom lip trembles, a telltale sign he was near tears. 

"Go," Cher tells me lightly. "I'll cover for you," I nod, sending her an appreciative smile and lead Ashton over to the farthest booth.