Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to cliffxcked bc  you  seemed  really  excited  for  this  Christmas  scene  cx

Michael's Point of View

"Luke, you'll never be able to place the star on the tree if you're standing without a chair," I scold him with a chuckle, causing him to grunt at me in response.

"I can do what I want. I'm punk rock," He retorts, sending me into a fit of giggles.

"Just because you're punk rock doesn't mean that you'll be able to reach the top of the tree without the help of a chair," I snort, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Just help me, will ya?" I can't help but smile, hoisting him onto my shoulders and walking us toward the tree. Luke sets the golden star on top before bursting into a fit of giggles as the two of us lay on the couch thereafter.

"Are you boys going to help me with Christmas cookies or are you just going to sit there?" My mother asks, sly grin on her face. She had flour caked on her cheeks and stringy egg whites staining her apron but I knew she had no worries in the world. Christmas was my mother's favorite holiday; it was easy to guess since her smile was always present.

"Sure thing, Mrs. C," Luke says, getting up from the couch and pulling me with him. I can't help but grin from ear to ear as well, pecking Luke on the cheek when my mom wasn't looking.

***

I wake up to Luke's soft breathing and quiet snores. I can't help but chuckle at the sight. Today was Christmas morning and I was happy to be spending it with Luke and my mother. Much to my dismay, I knew my father would have to come home today and face me; his gay son. It wouldn't be a pretty sight and I was angry I would have to introduce Luke to such a shitty man I called my father but, as they say, you take some you lose some. I was just hoping Luke would have a good Christmas this year. From the way I've seen his father act and from what Luke's told me, the man most likely didn't buy Luke presents and I bet, no matter how much Ashton tried, he couldn't make his best friend's Christmas perfect.

This year, that was my mission.

"Hey mom," I yawn as I waddle into the kitchen, greeting her with a smile. I peck her cheek and mumble, "Merry Christmas,"

"Merry Christmas, Mikey," My mother replies, pulling me into a hug. She gets lost in my tall figure but hugs me tight, nearly bone crushing.

"You think Luke'll like the present I got him?" I whisper self consciously and my mother smles.

"Without a doubt," She replies, patting the top of my hand.

A little while later, Luke wakes up and we all sit around the kitchen table, tucked into a huge breakfast. Halfway through my bacon, the door opens and a cold gust of air washes over us as my father enters the house. "Hello darling." My mother greets him, getting up and pecking him on the lips quickly.

"Hi sweetheart," He grins softly, wrapping his arm around her waist and setting down his briefcase, slipping off his shoes.

"Michael," My dad grunts, a halfassed hello. "Who's this?" He asks as soon as he sees Luke's and my intertwined fingers.

"My boyfriend. His name's Luke,"

Luke turns toward my father and shoots him a nervous smile. "Hi Mr. Clifford. It's nice to meet you. You've got a very nice family here and you've brought Michael up well," He says, causing me to smile at his politeness.