Chapter 14

Lakshya was driving the jeep as fast as he can. There was a huge traffic on the road since it's day time and he was trying his best to overtake all vehicles. He ran his fingers through his hairs frustratedly when he stucked at a traffic signal for a long time. His horn was continously banging and almost all people who had to bear it cursed him rudely. But he was not at all bothering about it.

He looked at the watch where is shows 10:20 am. Only 10 minutes left and he had to take a short cut which helped him to reach the airport within 10 minutes. But airport parking lot was almost full and he didn't have a space to park his jeep. He cursed himself for all this. It was only because of his wrong decisions now he have to face all this on this last minute.

Damn it.
He hit his palm hardly on the steering. He closed his eyes to calm down his nerves and the pain he is going through. He tried a lot to move his jeep through the waiting queue of vehicles. He looked at his watch to see it's already 10:30 am. That means the flight may take off anytime soon. He was disappointed. He rested his head on the steering with a deep sigh.

It was then he heard an announcement that the flight in which Samskriti is going will be late by 10 minutes. His face brightened and a new hope made him alive. He didn't even wait to park the vehicle and jumped out of the jeep. He rushed towards the entrance where he got blocked by a security staff.

"Show me your pass" the guard demanded.
"Sir, it's urgent. I can't wait till I get a pass. Please let me in."he requested probably for the first time in his life.
"You can't enter without a pass. Get out before we call the police."the guard shouted and it was enough for him to gain the devil in him back.

Soon the security staff has been kicked on his stomach and he fell down on floor yelling in pain.
"Even if I tries to be decent, no one allows me." Lakshya muttered before crossing the entrance and rushed inside.

He started looking for Samskriti everywhere. But she was nowhere found. He was disappointed. He tried his best but she was not in his sight.
"Samskriti, where are you?"he cried out.

It was then his eyes fell on a figure standing near the washroom door at an empty corner. He immediately identified her and he was worried seeing her crying hiding from everyone. It didn't take a second for him to reach her.

"Samskriti..."he called out loudly before pulling her into a tight embrace.

Samskriti was shocked seeing the person infront of her. Before she can process what is happening around her, she is now in his arms. The arms where she always found her safety. She couldn't believe that the person for whom she was crying is now infront of her. His tears were burning her bare shoulder while she was trying hard to form words to ask him what exactly happened. She thought that he didn't want to see her face anymore. And now the same person is crying on her shoulders. She is alert about people looking at them with opened mouth and her very own mama is one among them. Finally she gained the courage to pull back from his hug which alerted Lakshya too.

"Laksh...you... here..."before she can complete he was ready with his next move.
"Will you marry me Samskriti?"he asked kneeling down infront of her.

She couldn't believe what she heard. The words she wanted to hear from him a million times, the words she thought that she can't hear from him anymore. His teary eyes reflected his love for her and she found him sincere and honest this time. Her eyes widened. Surprising her a slight smile appeared on her mama's lips.

She looked at Lakshya who is waiting for her reply impatiently. The past incidents passed through her mind and that made her weak enough to not respond. She recollected how he avoided her always, how he hided his feelings for her, how he shouted at her, how he confessed his love, how he pampered her, how he consoled her, how he assured her and finally how he asked her to forget him and leave. Her face became red and heart started beating fast.