Honestly, the only reason I still stay here with her and not my dad is because my daddy don't want me AND my other family can't stand my mom.

"Sy you betta' get yo ass up and do what I asked. I don't have time for a grown ass girl sittin' in my house and not doin' what I asked", I heard my moms voice as I snapped out of my daydream.

I mentally rolled my eyes. She be ready to kick me out for not listenin but my sister could run niggas all up and through here. I can't tell her no with out me being grown. I usually don't say anything to her. I've never said much back to her. I wasn't soft spoken but I wasn't disrespectful either. I just spoke when I was spoken to. I've always been by myself in this house.

I finally got up out of my bed and went into the bathroom me, my sister, and her children share. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked back into my room and went through my tiny closet for something to wear. We didn't have money money but we were living pay check to pay check. I get paid every two weeks and I also live off of tips. New Yorkers are rude as fuck but the tips were amazing. Especially those rich ass Italians that show up every Tuesday for their meetings.

I work every other day and I get paid minimum wage. Basically as a waitress I lived off tips. One thing that I could say about my mom is she never thought that my money was automatically her money. I had all of my money to myself and I did give her some money for the rent. My mom is a nurse and she only works as a receptionist for the hospital downtown, sometimes working with patients as well.

I put on some tights and a tee and slipped on my Fenty Puma slides that were a gift from myself last year. I went into the living room to see my niece, nephew and mama sitting in the living room eatin cereal. I just walked in and asked for the damn money.

"Ma where the money?", I said.

"It's on the table and lose that damn attitude, wichyo fat ass", she said rolling her eyes at me.

I just grabbed the money and walked outside. I walked outside to see the hood niggas standin' on the block sellin' weak ass nicks and thot ass females tryna sell pussy and shit. This means that the night was starting early since it was Friday. I rolled my eyes and just walked down the hallway and downstairs. I smelled the piss and scrunched my face at the scent.

I walked into the parking lot of our apartment, across the street from the corner store. I made my way across to store and was hearing cat calls from the older men standing on the corner.

"Aye ma! Wit' the fat ass. Com'ere baby.", I heard a voice. I just wanted to go to the fuckin' store in peace.

When I made it to the door I realized it was open so I walked inside. As I walked inside of the store, I noticed the store clerk wasn't there. I shrugged my shoulders and continued looking for what I needed. Once I found what I needed, I walked to the front. I rung the bell but no one came. I could hear muffled voices, so I assumed he was back there.

I walked to the back and I was unprepared for what I saw.

"Aye I need some ass-", I didn't finish.

POW!

I saw the bullet rip through the clerks head. There were tall men in black suits, it looked like the leader in front. He had a different suit from them.