Birthday Pt. 2-28

___

The planetarium was just beautiful. We would definitely have to start going there more often. After we left, Grant wanted to grab a bite to eat and so, that's what we did.

We had a pretty good meal at a restaurant downtown and I was trying not to eat so much because there was food at the little party at his house. I ended up convincing him not to eat that much too to, "save stomach room for cake later tonight."

He surprised me with a dirty joke and I blushed madly.

It was getting close to six so, I told him we should head to his house and watch a movie. Of course, he agreed. So, I drove us to his house and was thankful when everyone listened when I told them to carpool so, it wasn't obvious when a bunch of cars were outside his house.

Once I put the car in park, Grant unbuckles his seatbelt, stretching his arms. "What movie are we going to watch?"

I unbuckle my seatbelt too. "It's your birthday. You choose."

We both get out of my car and start to walk to his door. My stomach starts to tingle with excitement when we reach his door. I jump in front of the door before he could open it with a big smile on my face. "Before we go in, I just want to say happy birthday. Again."

He squints his eyes at my suspicious behavior. "Thank you. Again."

I move away from the door and he pulls his house key out to unlock the door. When he opens it, it's dark inside but then the lights are immediately cut on and everyone yells out, "Happy Birthday!"

I close the front door and take in his reaction. He rolls his eyes and lets out a chuckle, stuffing his key into his pocket. "I knew it."

I squint my eyes. "Did you really though?"

He looks up to the ceiling, thinking about it and then back down at me. "No, I didn't."

I giggle, moving closer to him to give him a kiss but I'm pushed away by Kane. "Yo, stop hogging my man." he says, jokingly. He pulls Grant in for a hug. "Happy birthday, dude. I'm glad we became friends."

Grant pats his back. "Thank you and me too."

They pull away and next comes Dave and that's when I realize there's basically a line of people waiting to hug Grant and tell him happy birthday. So, I let him mingle with his closest friends while I go to the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen to see Emily eating up the cookies I brought.

"Hey," I jokingly scold, "save some for the rest of us."

She turns around with half a cookie in her mouth and another full one in her hand. "Eh, I'll think about it."

I grimace when she talks with her mouth full but decide to not comment on it. "There's basically a line in front of your brother full of people waiting to tell him happy birthday."

She nods. "Okay, guess I'll go join that line." she starts to walk out of the kitchen but then backtracks and goes for one more cookie before actually leaving.

The surprise was a success. He wasn't mad about it but he didn't seem too ecstatic either. He was neutral so, it was a success. The one person I noticed that wasn't here though, was his dad. I was a little upset but maybe it was for the best.

"Hey," I turn around to see Grant walking towards me. "Where'd you go off to?"

I shrug. "Just in here."

I guess he could tell that my vibe had shifted so, he looked concern and put his hand on my waist. "What's up? You okay?"

It was really about his dad not being here but I couldn't tell him that. "It's nothing."

"Did you think I didn't enjoy the surprise? Jules, it's perfect. People that I actually like are here. No need to worry."

He really believed that was the reason I was upset so, I was gonna let him believe it. I rest my hand on his arm. "Are you sure? Because we can just tell everyone to lea--"

To shut me up, he brings his lips down to mine. It was a great way to shut me up. He pulls away but remains at a close distance. "It's perfect. You're perfect."

My cheeks start to warm up and I want to say it. I love you. This was the perfect moment. But before I could utter a word, Kane rushes into the kitchen and yells, "Grant come to the living room so, I can whoop your ass in Mario Cart!"

"Language!" Mrs. Moore shouts from the living room.

"Whoops," Kane mumbles, holding his hands up defensively. "I meant, kick your booty."

Grant chuckles, shaking his head at Kane's goofiness. "You could never beat me in Mario Kart so, you're on. Just give me a second."

Kane talks some more smack and then leaves again into the living room.

"Are you good now?" He asks.

I nod, wrapping my arms around him because it was true. I wasn't gonna let Grant's dad not being here mess up my mood. It was his birthday and his girlfriend being in a bad mood wouldn't be good. "I am a lot better actually. Especially, if you go show Kane who's boss in Mario Cart right now."

"Oh, I'm definitely about too." He gives me one last peck before I unwrap my arms from him and he goes back to the social area.

I grab me a drink from the fridge before I make my way back to where the people were. When I enter, I'm surprised at who I see here. I decide to walk up to them.

Amelia perks up when she sees me heading in her direction. "Hey, Julianne."

I smile. "Hey, looks like you took my advice." I look at Justin, giving him a polite smile. "Hey, Justin, how've you been?"

He smiles back, throwing his arm around Amelia. "Good, actually. Thanks for letting me come."

I wave him off. "It's no problem."

Amelia shyly tucks her hair behind her ears, snuggling more into Justin. "And yeah I did take your advice. It really helped me so, thank you."

I start to feel grateful that I was able to help her. "You're welcome."

And the party goes on. Everyone talks and laughs and just are genuinely enjoying themselves. Grant was having a good time and for that, I was thankful. I love making him happy.

At around ten, everyone started to leave but of course, I stayed behind to help with the cleaning. It was Mrs. Moore, Grant, Emily, and I just casually conversing while picking up everyone's mess. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"I got it." Grant offers, dropping some soda cans into a trash bag before answering it.

I assume that it was just one of our friends who left something here but when Grant opens the door, it's just silence. Mrs. Moore and I look at each other in confusion so, I make my way over to the door to see who it is.

My eyes widen as I see who I didn't think would show up.

"Happy birthday, son." Grant's dad finally says after the agonizing silence.

I couldn't believe it.

A/N:

I know, I know, you guys have been dying for part 2 so, here it is! Sorry, it took so long. But I finally have free time because I'm done with my first year of college! It was hella stressful yet fun and I'm happy I'm done so, now I can update for you guys!

I hope you enjoyed it! And if you did, go ahead and tell me about it and vote :)))