Birthday Pt. 1-27

___

"Let's do it!"

I look up when Kane busts in my room and holds a flyer in my face.

I look at him confused. "What?"

His excited look changes to an offended one as he looks around my room and sees Robin and Grant already here. "Wait, pause for a second, why didn't I get the invite that we were all hanging here?"

"Uh...." I say at the realization that we kind of forgot about him.

He moves his sharp look to Robin. "Babe?"

She stretches her lips out in a 'my bad' manner. "Sorry, we honestly forgot."

He puts his hand on his chest. "I feel so offended right now."

"Awwe cheer up, it's nothing personal." Robin says.

Kane wipes away a fake tear, turning his stare to Grant. "Grant, I thought we were bros."

Grant shrugs, moving me with him since I was leaning on him in between his legs. "We are. I just have bad memory."

I look up at him, scrunching my eyebrows, mumbling. "You having bad memory is like the world ending."

He squeezes my thigh. "Shhh."

"Anyways," I say louder, looking back at Kane who was pouting. "what about that flyer?"

His pout transforms back into an excited expression. "Right, it's this." He holds the flyer back up to me. "A dance competition! We can win this and you know what the prize is? Two thousand dollars. Each!"

I grab it from his hands, scanning the flyer. "It says the competition is on January 10th which means we only have a month to get prepared and how long has this flyer been out?"

"My mom said it's been out since October."

I shake my head. "See, there's no way. There's people out there who have been preparing since then."

He pouts again. "Julianne, please, we could definitely win this and plus I really need the money."

"First, why do you think we can win this? And second, why do you need the money so bad?"

He shrugs. "Because we're great dancers and I'm trying to save for college so, this money will help a lot."

I look at the determination on his face then give in. "Okay, fine, but we're gonna have to work really hard to get this."

He pumps his fist in the air. "Yes! And duh, of course. When I tell you we got this, we got this."

He proceeds to walk over to Robin's side of the bed and flop on her stomach. She groans. "Oh my gosh, did you really have to drop on my stomach like that?"

He snuggles his face into her neck. "Mhmm."

___

It was time.

Time to surprise Grant for his birthday. I hoped he appreciated this because I know he didn't want to do anything but he at least had to do something. It's his birthday. It was also a big decision for Grants' dad. I just hope he made the right one. Grant also didn't know anything about this so, I hope he won't be mad about it.

I pick up my phone and call Grant. He answers on the second ring. "Hey, Jules."

I instantly smile at the sound of his voice. "Hey, happy birthday! What are you doing?"

"Thank you and well, I'm drying off right now because Emily decided to throw water on me as a surprise for my birthday."

"Wow, she's a genius."

"Sure, but all I know is that better be the only surprise I'm getting today."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Right." Hopefully, he didn't hear the nerves in my voice. "Anyways, let's do something."

"Okay, as long as I'm with you, I don't care what we do."

My heart swelled at his words. "Okay, I'll be at your house in ten minutes so be ready."

He's says he will and I say bye and hang up the phone. Little did he know, I had a surprise for him and it wasn't the little party but something else. I got tickets to the planetarium downtown because I know how much he loves the galaxy.

As was said, I arrive at his house in ten minutes and he comes out looking as good as ever. When he gets into the passenger seat, I waste no time in reaching over the console to give him a kiss.

I pull away slightly. "Happy birthday, babe." I whisper in adoration.

His right hand cups my cheek and his eyes stare deeply into mine. "Thank you. You look nice."

I smile, winking at him. "Thanks, it's all for you."

His eyebrows raise. "Oh, is it?" his voice gets low to a point that I've never heard before. It was kind of sexy.

"Mhmm." I hum, bringing my lips to his again. I place my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. My tongue slips into his mouth and the kiss quickly turns into a makeout. The way his thumb was caressing my cheek was too much to handle right now. Hesitantly, I pull away. "We gotta go. Don't hate me but I have a surprise."

He smiles, shaking his head. "Of course, you do. I should've known."

I give him one last peck before I sit back into my seat, putting the car in drive. "You're gonna love it."

I put the car in reverse, backing out of his driveway and I spend the next fifteen minutes driving to our destination. When we arrive, I hear Grant chuckle under his breath. I park the car and hold up the two tickets that I got for us. "Ta-da."

He smiles with his eyebrows raised. "The planetarium?"

"You don't like it?"

"No, I love it." He leans over the console and gives me a small peck. He pulls back and stares at me with the faintest smile on his face.

He looked beautiful right now. The butterflies in my stomach are starting to feel like large birds and it was a feeling unfamiliar to me. I couldn't even imagine what my life would be like right now if Grant wasn't in it. And in that moment, that's when I realized.

I was in love with him.

The way my parents were in love with each other. I didn't want to live without him.

"Grant," I say softly.

"Yeah?" he answers, caressing my hand.

"I...." I couldn't say it. "I think we should head in now."

He nods. "Okay, yeah, let's go see some stars."

We proceed to go in the planetarium hand in hand. I've never been to one so when the program started I was in shock. It was beautiful. It felt like we were really in the galaxy. Grant told me that his mom took him here when he was younger to forget about the fact that his dad was gone.

We quickly talked about something else after that.

A/N:

Who's ready for part 2?