New Friend-6

The night was over with Grant's friends and I'm telling you I had so much fun and I probably laughed so much that my stomach may be sore in the morning. We left the house near midnight and I was so tired.

Dave pulled up to my house and I thanked him and got out of the car. Grant began to get out of the car to and I gave him a confused look but he just silently followed me to my door.

"Don't be too long!" Dave yelled out the window.

We stop at my door and I face him, "Thanks, for inviting me. It was fun."

He gave a small smile. "You're welcome."

We stood there in silence for about five seconds and then he says, "So, the dress..?"

Then I remembered that I told him I would tell him later about it and I guess now is later.

I shrugged. "It was a gift from Brett for..."

He raised his eyebrows. "For?"

I fidgeted with my fingers and cleared my throat. "For-I mean, as an apology for treating you that way..."

He nodded, slowly. "Oh."

"Yeah.."

He scratched the back of his neck, looking away. "Well, goodnight." He gave a small short wave and began walking to the car.

I let out a breath and opened the door to my house, dragging my feet towards the stairs. I walked into the living room, because I have to go through the living room to get to the stairs, and saw my parents cuddled up asleep on the couch with a movie on the tv.

I smile at them and how cute they look. I love how they still love each other deeply and never seem to get tired of one another. I just hope one day I can have a love like that. Brett and I aren't deeply in love with each other yet because we've only been dating for six months. I mean, our anniversary just passed and even though we have our downs I still love him. But I'm not in love yet.

I go over to them to wake them up so they didn't have to be uncomfortable and wake up in the middle of the night on the couch. I shake their shoulders. "Mom, dad, wake up."

They both shift and slowly open their eyes.

"I was just waking you up to tell you to got to your bed."

My dad groans and closes his eyes again. "What are you, my mom?"

My dad hates being woken up so, I'm not surprised with his attitude but, unlike him, my mom is a morning person.

She slowly stretches up and yawns while saying, "Thank you, sweetie."

I give her a lazy smile. "You're welcome, mom."

Dad just gives me a low groan, knowing I was not pleased with his uncooperativeness.

My mom shakes him even rougher than I did. "Andrew, wake up, let's go to bed."

"Okay, okay, I'm up." he says with his eyes still closed and still laying there.

She rolls her eyes at him and stands up. "Well, I'm going to bed without you."

He grabs her hand and pulls her back down before she could go anywhere and she lets out a squeal. "You're not going anywhere." He then opens his eyes and starts rubbing his nose against her neck and she laughs.

"Stop, Andrew, it tickles!"

I grimace. "Ew, stop."

Just because I think they're cute doesn't mean I want to see their cuteness. It's gross.