Chapter 2: New Start (2)

Start from the beginning

'What is that language? French? wait... Maybe Spanish? Huh?'- It only hurt my head thinking about it so I stopped and turn around to go back. The Nanny was still on her position overlooking my actions. The lights didn't stop pestering me and blocking my eyesight. I scrunched my brows and tried to swat them away- my movements is too slow and they keep filling up my vision- too bright!

As my last resort, I wailed as hard as I could and the nanny rushed to my side and took me to her arms, making me quiet down and I bury my face on her shoulder before we walk back to the mansion.

"Your'e back so early, Elise, Monet,"- My mother, Elaine said with her voice laced with curiosity and worry.

"The young miss just played with the fairies, only to get surrounded. She didn't like it when they are many."- Monet, my nanny said. My mother took me to her arms and we both stared at each other.

"I see, does your eyes hurt, little angel?"- I only tilted my head to her and blinked. Even with my past life's knowledge, why would I implicate my life and live with restraint if they knew I am a genius? I will only get locked up. My mother smiled and cooed at me before she kissed my forehead and let me rest on against her chest.

Monet and My mother talk about pastries and tea while we wait for my father who could only go back every weekends as he work with the King of the kingdom every five days. 

After one hour, my father came in to the living and saw us three, them chatting and me staring into space.

"Dear, I am back"- My father's cool baritone voice traveled in the living room. Mother turn and smiled to him, giving me to my nanny Monet before she hugged him tight with her arms around his neck.

"Dear, welcome back, I'm glad you arrived our home safely."- She said and they started to do some loving things that I turn my head away from.

"*cough* Masters, The Young miss is still present,"- Monet said with an awkward tone and they reluctantly stopped to pamper me.

"My little angel, did you miss your father?"- He asked me and held me against his chest, cradling me. I snuggled closer and closed my eyes. I won't admit but I missed my father. There's always a gap present when he was away but it'll get sealed up like its not there when he's around.

"She played outside the gardens earlier, the fairies were following her making her annoyed and went to go inside."- Elaine said to her husband as she reached up and patted her daughter's small back, a small contented smile on her lips.

"I see, the fairies sure likes our little angel..."- Elliot said and smiled to Elaine, leaning down to steal a soft kiss from her tantalizing lips. Elaine blushed before pinching his cheek lightly and ordered the servants to bring some snacks and tea for her husband to eat.

"The reason why His Highness the King called was for what?"- Elaine asked curiously. Elliot softly rocked Elise back and forth in his arms before he answered her.

"There is perhaps another war going to happen in near future."- He said in a grave tone and look at Elaine. As he expected, she showed a worried look towards him, before staring at their daughter.

"Do not worry, Dear, The rest of the five kingdoms will be able to oppress the Demons if ever it will happen."- Elliot tried to reassure his wife.

"I hope that it will be true, I cannot bear to see or imagine our dear little daughter growing up in the face of the war between the five kingdoms and the Demons."- Elaine said and frowned.

"Let's change the topic for now. What do you think of our little angel's hair? Could we dye it?"- He asked her that made Elaine frown.

"Why would we do that? Our little angel's black hair is the most beautiful thing to see,"- Elaine refuted with a dark look on her face. Elliot made an awkward look before he apologized.

"It was my bad, please do not get angry, Dear. I was just worried about the society bullying our little angel."He explained to her which made her give a sigh.

"If it wasn't for the myth and the proofs that black hair cause destruction and a feature of the demon race, I will surely kill those biased scholars. tch!"- Elaine grumbled and crossed her arms.

"I do too, Dear. Only we both are clear that our little angel is our child and she is not a demon as they told. It was only a sign of a greater compatibility with the magic... If only I knew someone who will prove it!"- Elliot said with a helpless look on his face.

"Hm... I think I knew such a person,"- Elaine blurted out and both look at each other.

"W-Who could it be? They might conduct experiments on our little angel-absolutely I will never let anyone do such cruel things to our child."- Elliot said cradling his daughter securely.

"Of course Dear! I will never let any malicious people to approach and harm our little angel! This person is an old friend of mine in the Research Institute. He could do some analyzing and observation to our little angel but I will let Monet and the others to keep a close eye on him whenever he do his observations."- Elaine said and Elliot just nodded. 

"This kind of conditions I will allow, the day is not young anymore, Let us have our early dinner, shall we?"- Elliot said and Elaine nodded, blushing with a shy look on her face as she held his arm gently and they walk towards the dining room. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=+++++++++

A/N: How is the story? Hope you like the new update! See you all soon!