Chapter 11| Tension

Start from the beginning

"3 more."

"THREE?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU OVERDOSE?! HER BODY WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT!!" Midnight shouted as she clenched her fists at her side.

"I agree, overdosing that drug could lead to serious health issues. Her body might not able to handle it properly." Recovery Girl said calmly as she could. That old lady was pissed as well.

"So? Everybody would be at risk if she doesn't."

That did it.

"THAT'S FUCKED UP! YOU'RE TREATING HER LIKE SHE'S A MONSTER!!"

She furrowed her brows together as she stared at the floor.

"Listen kid, she IS a monster. You know how many people she killed? 106. Do you even-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! SHE KNOWS SHE FUCKED UP, YOU DON'T NEED TO REMIND HER!" I yelled back, one more word from this asshole and I'm blowing his body into pieces.

"Out." Midnight pointed to the door.

"After she takes the pills first."

Akari rolled her eyes and took out three more of the pills she had a few seconds ago. She showed the bastard the pills before throwing them inside her mouth and swallowing it.

This world is fucked up.

"There happy now? Get the fuck out of my life before I actually murder you." Her tone of voice was pissed off.

—2nd Person POV
After they left, Midnight wrapped her arms the poor girl as comfort. The girl's expression was down.

"Sorry, dear. Just a few more hours to go then it's over, 'Kay?" Midnight said to you quietly as you nodded.

"Cheer up honey, only five more minutes then it's your time to shine!" The healing hero tried cheering you up as she opened the door. "Midnight, come on."

Midnight nodded as she muttered a "kick his ass" to you. Bakugou stood there pissed at what happened a few minutes earlier. It was fucked up, he thought.

Bakugou walked over to you and sat in the chair beside you. He placed a hand onto your (H/C) hair ruffled it softly as comfort. Your expression soften, you rested her head onto his shoulder, bitting your bottom lip.

Neither of you noticed that both of you had a soft tint of pink. Both of you were blushing, the both of weren't really used to physical contact like this. It was silent between the two of you, but both didn't mind.

"Thanks." You muttered staring at the wall in front.

Before the ash blonde could answer, there was a loud cheer coming from the stadium. This met the second round was about to begin and your time to shine.

"That's...that's my cue. See you at the top, yeah?" You stood up with a small smile on your lips.

"Hell yeah, don't forget I'm going to beat you."

"Pfft, I'll see you try." With that you headed out for your first battle.

When you said, "See you at the top" it meant that the male couldn't lose. It meant that you had hope in him.
——

You witnessed Todoroki's giant ice wall. It got so close to you that you had to use rise your body temperature to melt the ice before it could stab you in the eye. 

"Shou?" You muttered out.

The boy's expression you seen before. He was pissed about something. Maybe it was that old man of his?

"Sero are you able to move?"

"N-No, I can't. Owww..."

"Poor boy, he had to go against Shou."

"Shouto Todoroki advances to the next round!!" Midnight announced as Todoroki melted his own ice using his left side.

The boy, to you, look incredibly sad. Maybe it was time to catch up, and at least try to go back to the good old days. After all, you lost contact with him ever since you moved away.

"Hey Akari! You're up next right?" A cheerful voice called out. It was Eijirou.

"Yeah, this is the last battle I'm going to be in. Then, I'll face the winner! Good luck Eji!" You smirked at the crimson head.

"Really?! Cool! Good luck to you too bro!" He ruffled your (H/C) locks.

Eijirou walked away to join his other guy friends. You were about to head into the battlefield when Mina grabbed your arm.

"Are you and Kirishima dating??" Mina gasped shaking you violently.

"No, we're not. We're just close friends. Ahhh!"

"Oops, sorry!" Mina finally stopped shaking you and apologized.

"Don't worry Mina, I won't steal your man." I smirked as she blew up in thousands shades of red.

"W-W-What?!"
——

You dodged Kaminari's electrical waves without effort. He had terrible aim and since they're not forced on one point, he wasted a lot of power.

Running towards the male, you jumped and delivered a roundhouse in midair to the poor boy. In a instant, the fight was over.

"Denki Kaminari is out!! Due to the odd number of participants, Akari Kageko advances to the last round! And will go against the winner!!" Midnight twisted the words she said to you a bit.

"Wow! She didn't even use her quirk!"

"She had been trained well!"

"Such a talented young lady!"

The suppressants started to take effect, from the purposeful overdose your quirk isn't as powerful. It was true, those suppressants had some serious side effects if overdosed, like headaches, decreased abilities to control quirk up to months and even a chance of loosing your quirk permanently.

The body might not handle it and go through a dangerous change, like extremely high blood sugar.

You sighed and headed back into the "door" you came in. From above was your class and friends cheering for you.

"Wooo! Go Akari-Chan!"

"You really kicked Kaminari's butt out there!"

"That damn Pikachu is in his 'yay' mode again."

You laughed and smiled, "Yeah!"

Meanwhile, Jirou was trying her best not to laugh at the sight of the blonde male's derpy state. He was powerful, but not stable.

Deku? He was writing down stuff in his little journal as much he knew about you and Kaminari as he could.

"Akari-Chan's quirk is really similar to Ri-Chan's," The boy muttered to himself sadly. "I really want to thank Ri-Chan..."
——