chapter thirty-six: love of my life

(A/N PLEASE PLAY SONG NOW)

Like my dad said, playing the piano always helped. My followers were already suspicious that I changed my profile picture of Tom and I to a black and white one of myself. So, to show them how I felt, I decided to record myself playing piano.

I sat the phone down so that they could only see my fingers touching the keys and clicked record, beginning the song Love of My Life by Queen, of course. The lyrics really described my feelings.

Love of my life, you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me, because you don't know
What it means to me

I held back threatening tears and kept playing, but the crying I was holding back was evident in my wavering voice.

Love of my life, don't leave me
You've stolen my love, you now desert me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know
What it means to me

Obrigado

You will remember
When this is blown over
Everything's all by the way

When I grow older
I will be there at your side to remind you
How I still love you
I still love you

Oh, hurry back, hurry back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know what it means to me
Love of my life
Love of my life

I finished with a deep breath and clicked the end video button, posting it to Instagram.

bellaraewilson
Attachment: 1 Video

9,234,156 likes
comments disabled

People will say I am too young to know what love is. That I don't know who the love of my life is. But I do.

Tom isn't the one for me, and I know that now. The one for you doesn't hurt you like that; intentionally or unintentionally. That pain is like the pain a mother has when losing a child, or the pain a person has when losing themselves.

I loved Tom. I wish I could say I stopped, and I keep telling myself I have, but deep down I know I still love and miss him. I miss everything about him, and I wish we were still a happy, carefree couple.

When you love someone that much, everything feels right with them. You want to spend every breath with them and be their first and last love. You would do absolutely anything for them. They're a part of you, they're your home.

But now that Tom is gone,

where is home?