It was best that she wait for the mess to be over before calling in the dedicated laundress. Mrs. Evers was going to have an absolute ball once she saw the stains that Hadley was going to make.

•••

Percy was totally, unquestionably, completely uncomfortable.

Out of all places, just why did he agree to go to this strip club with Christian and Bobby? The flashing colorful lights were making his eyes hurt. The club smelled like the mixture of a cum dumpster with overpowering Victoria's Secret perfume. Dancers surrounded their every corner. Percy would never be able to leave. Their presence held the men to their seats, causing them to compulsively throw dollars at them. Percy ended up running out of ones within an hour, so now the dancers hardly looked his way. He didn't blame them.

At least, the food was good. Percy almost ate the whole plate of chicken wings that Bobby ordered, and downed half a pitcher of beer. He was uncomfortable, but his tipsy mind betrayed him, making him think that he was living his best life. His hazy vision had him eyeing a certain brunette dancer all night, with long lashes fluttering over her grey eyes and freckles dusting her cheeks. She wore nothing but a simple, thin fabric across her waistline. The sight made him halt. He suddenly felt a shift in his pants. Shit, Percy thought. He was getting hard.

Wait a minute. Was that the girl from the hotel lobby?

Percy blinked rapidly, daring to stand from his seat to get a better look. The dancer swung around the shiny, silver pole, chest bouncing in the air as Percy felt every muscle in his stomach twist. He needed her to spin around. He needed to see her face. It was the girl from the hotel. It had to be. The girl with the penetrating grey eyes and an unwavering smirk.

Why was he thinking of her so much? Did they know each other in another life?

But when the brunette dancer turned again, she had a completely different face. Not the same grey eyes. Not the same hair. Different height. She wasn't the hotel girl at all, and maybe that was for the better. Percy tried to act like he wasn't disappointed as the dancer paused, staring him down with a dark stare. When she saw his empty palms, she stuck her pointy nose in the air and spun back around the pole, ignoring him. He understood her reaction, but the bulge in his pants hadn't ceased, leaving him to sigh in defeat. Percy pinched the bridge of his nose. He wasn't sober, but he knew then that he had enough.

"Guys," he groaned, "can we please leave?"

Christian exhaled, annoyance echoing in his tone. Bobby, however, took a moment to rake his gaze down before responding. Percy froze, immediately feeling self-conscious under his friend's judgmental eyes. Once Christian noticed Bobby's hesitation, his own eyes followed. He coughed out a loud, "Ha!"

A smirk appeared on Bobby thin lips. "The boner in your pants says that you want to stay, bro," he chuckled loudly. "Just sit down! Another half-hour. Promise."

Percy rolled his eyes, plopping himself back in his seat. Turning back to the brunette, he felt his insides form into knots. The hotel girl's face came in flashes, and he was suddenly wondering just why his mind was plaguing him with her presence. It was like she cursed him or something.

The night couldn't get any worse. At least, it hadn't just yet.

•••

Christian made them stop off at one more bar, despite Percy's attempts to bring them back to the hotel. He refused to have more alcohol. Percy knew his limits. He made the effort to even ask the bartender to put water in a shot glass so he could pretend it was vodka. He shouldn't have to do that in front of friends.