The flowers in your lungs | Hanahaki AU! | (2/2)

Start from the beginning

He pulls away and cups my face, "But I'll be here, okay?" He smiles, "I'll be here after the surgery and help you, give all the support you need. I'll take care of you." He smiles. "Okay?" I don't answer. "Okay?" His smile falls. "Okay??" He asks with a bit of exasperation in his voice.

My eyebrows furrow and I start fully crying. I don't care about the pain, it's irrelevant near to what's happening. He doesn't even know...

"I'm such an idiot!" He says hugging me again. I bury my face in his shoulder.

The pain starts to get worse as I sob more, hearing his comments.

He rubs my back trying to calm me down, but I just sob more.

It gets to a point when I start feeling something weird... like if I'm drowning.

Then it feels like I'll throw up and the next thing I know it's that Frank's shoulder is with a big red stain. A few drops of the red liquid on the floor.

"(Y/n)!" Frank says exasperated. He pulls me away and wipes his hand around my mouth.

Now I understand. I threw up blood.

"F-Frank! Sorry!" I say pulling his hands away from me, "Sorry!" I put my hands on my head. My heavy breath doesn't help with the pain and I throw up again.

"Fuck!" I cry out crouching down and hiding my face in my hands.

"No, no, no, (y/n), it's okay!" Frank says crouching down next to me and hugging me.

"Go away! Go away!" I say pulling away and speed walking to the nearest restroom, locking myself in a stall.

~

"(N/n), you okay?" Gerard says hugging me. "I got your things. They said you went to talk with Frank and didn't return."

I melt in his arms, "I can't, Gee, I can't." I control my breath, "I can't!"

"Oh." He rubs my back, "Everything's going to be okay, alright? We just need to wait until four p.m., hm?" He says softly.

I want to disagree. Pull away, and tell him that he's wrong and a lot of things will change. That Frank isn't anyone and that he knows the first love is more intense.

But I can't gather my strength.

"Let's go somewhere calm? You don't want to face him, do you?" He asks and I shake my head. "Right. Let's go."

We sit under the tree he was trying to climb yesterday. I lean my head against his shoulder, pulling my legs close to me.

"How did your mother react?" He breaks the silence.

"Normal. She asked what had happened and accepted it because I'm almost in a critical stage and all." I answer.

"That's good." He smiles.

"Don't we have class now?" I ask.

"Yeah, but we can skip it." Gerard says, "I know you'd not want to return after what happened, would you?"

I shake my head and relax against him.

I'm so weak. Lost a good bit of blood.

My eyelids start to get heavier and I slowly drift away.

~

"Wake up!" Gerard's voice wakes me up and I look at him and then around. I'm still in school.

"How long?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"A few minutes. About half an hour." He answers and I nod.

"About twenty minutes to kill..." I mutter looking around.