2

Your parents locked you in your bedroom?

No, no not litterally. But it felt like it. It felt very much like I was locked in my bedroom away from everyone I ever cared about.  At age 14 i came out to my parents ((see my other works for the story)) and it didnt go well. I was told I couldnt hang out with the kids from the 'Kingdom Hall' (the church of the Jehovahs Witnesses (JW's)) because I was a bad influance on them. But I couldnt hang out with the kids from school because they were a bad influence on me. The only people I could hang out with were the "older people" of the church. That meant no one under the age of 30. And I hated hanging out with them because they always tried to convince me I wanted to be a JW, and that I was better off being 'straight'. My one family tried to do the same. So I hid in my room. It was the only place I could be myself. It was the only place I felt safe. So, it felt like my parents drove me to hide away in my room. And then there's Nancy...

Nancy?

She was my first ever tharapist. I loved talking to her. Tho, I did embelish the truth just a little bit. I know now I was just trying to get the attention I wasnt getting at home. Example: I told her I was made to completely clean the house. (Truth: I had a large list of chores I had to do every day.) After seeing her for maybe 3 times my father told me that she wouldnt tell him what we were talking about, and he wanted to know what we were talking about. So, being a stupid fucking teenager, I told him. I told him she said there is a diferance between being OPRESSED and DEPRESSED. She also said being myself (LGBTQ+) was 100% okay, and I told him that.

Because she wasnt agreeing with my father's beliefs, I wasnt ever aloud to see her again. I still wanna send her a thank you, but I dont remember where she practiced.