:Chapter 1:Dreams Are Lost

-Chapter Title Credit/Song Request:It Only Hurts by Default-

"Dan!"

The boy in the tight black jeans,black converse and oversized red university hoodie turned his head to locate who had called his name.

His friends Paul and Emma were sitting on one of the benches in the middle of the patio area.

"Hey,sorry I can't hang out.I have to get to class."He disappeared into the nearest building before his friends could protest.

They looked at each other and sighed,Dan knew they did because they always did that when he said something they didn't approve of.

He hadn't been hanging out with them at all the past month.

 He couldn't bring himself to leave his dorm unless absolutely necessary.

Even when he had hung out with them,he was just a third wheel,unwanted.

They would rather hang out with somebody else anyway so Dan didn't feel to guilty about it.

The lesson was painfully boring as the professor ranted about some new law that had been passed and how it affected people.

Dan didn't like law.

He only studied it to appear smart,to be good enough for the bleak society around him.

As a kid,he always thought he would be actor,but as he reached his year of graduation he quickly demolished the idea.

Nobody could just become a famous actor.

His mind wandered as he allowed his fingers to scribble a small meaningless picture on the paper he was suppose to be producing notes on.

It wasn't until the professor started moving around the room to place a test they had taken last Friday down on peoples desk that Dan realized he hadn't written anything.

For a second he panicked before getting a genius idea

Flipping his paper over,he glanced at the paper belonging to the boy next to him and scribbled down a few notes.

He could claim he ran out of room on the front and had to continue his notes on the back.

Dan gave himself a mental high five and leaned back in his seat just as the professor reached his desk.

His feeling of satisfaction was destroyed as the test was set down on his desk.

"Im very disappointed Daniel,"The Professor scolded.

Dan couldn't reply.

F.

A big red F.

He was more disappointed than the teacher.

He had studied hard for that test.

"Well?What do you have to say for yourself?"The Professor pressed.

"Im sorry."

The bell rang and Dan snatched his messenger bag off of the floor and nearly ran out of the door,leaving the failed test on his desk.

*     *     *

Dan's hands were curled into tight fist that he pressed into his sides,burying his face into his arms as sobs wrecked his body.

He had managed to make it back to his dorm before breaking down in tears.

He didn't want to study law,it wasn't a future he could live with.

He never did anything right anymore.

He was just a useless speck in a never ending universe.

He wasn't important,he was stupid.

He couldn't even pass a 15 question test.

His sobbing was interrupted suddenly by a pinging noise.

Dan shakily raised his head,his eyes drifting to his open laptop at the end of his bed.

The bright screen was blurred by his tears,but after rubbing his eyes clean he read the notification that had popped up.

AmazingPhil has uploaded a new video!Click here to watch,

Dan's lips grew into a small smile.

-Hellllo Phillions and Danosaurs.Soooo what did you think of the first chapter?Comment and don't forget to vote if you like it so far.-ChemicalSkeleton